Importing products into 1.5 from 1.4

I have a store currently in Prestashop and I badly need to migrate over to 1.5 for 1 reason: multiple warehouses. We need to be able to keep track of stock at a warehouse in the US and one in Canada.

My question is, how can i import the products into the new 1.5 install. Or, more specifically, which tables do I need to copy over from 1.4?

The data that we are currently inputting for each product is:

Name:

Reference:

Supplier:

Pre-tax retail price:

Tax rule:

Category:

Friendly URL:

Short description:

Long Description:

Tags:

Specific Prices:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

PS has an upgrade script so you do not need to import the products - just upgrade the old store but once again ... the RC is not production ready so you and should not use it in production environment. Regards, trip

• 1 month later...

this feature should be part of the core as it will help to consolidate several shops into one, which as far as i can see it is not possible to do unless i manually import the customers, orders, categories and products with an sql script.

any pointers much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I need to move over all my products and categories from 1.4 to 1.5 it's about 40-50.000 products and a couple hundred categories.

I've read up on it and it a update on 1.4 to 1.5 is risky and difficult from what I read.

I could make a parallel 1.5 if I could copy the products and categories over in to it. (i have Store Commander btw)

Is that possible? could that be done by copying a number of directories?

• 1 year later...