Autoinstaller not working 1.4.8.2

I've download and unzipped the files. I've uploaded the files to the server and created a database. But when I go to my domain on the browser the AutoInstaller does not start and it just downloads a text file called 'download'.

I've installed Prestashop before and never had this problem before. Am I missing something?

Hi Mike,

I deleted everything and uploaded it again and I still have the same issue.

Do I need to install using wamp before uploading?

If you're installing locally, then WAMP is a great way to go. Personally, it's what I use every day. However, it is not a necessary step to upload a live site. Who is your hosting provider? Have you tried manually navigating to www.yoursite.com/install?

-Mike

I've just tried Wamp and it installs locally, so that confirms I have all the files.

My hosting provider is uk-cheapest.co.uk

Yes, I've tried /install. please try: www.silverjewellerygifts.co.uk

I've just tried Wamp and it installs locally, so that confirms I have all the files.

My hosting provider is uk-cheapest.co.uk

Yes, I've tried /install. please try: www.silverjewellerygifts.co.uk

Wow, I've never seen that before, but I guess there's a first time for everything :P.

I looked this over with a developer to confirm, but this issue is actually with your hosting provider, not with PrestaShop. If you call them, explain what is going on compared to what should be happening, they should be able to configure the server properly for you so that you can get everything up and running properly.

I hope this helps.

-Mike