[SOLVED] Category and product pages don't show up in FO after installation

Hi,

I have just installed Prestashop 1.4.8.2 (full installation). Before finishing the installer, I had to change the file permissions for the folders and files mentioned in the installation instructions. I had to change them to 777; 755 was not accepted by the installer.

After the installation was finished, I changed the permissions back to 755 for folders and 644 for files.

Now my problem: when I click a category or product, the middle column where these are normally displayed is totally blank. (The usual demo products and categories are present in the backoffice.)

I have changed the config.inc.php file to have a look at the error messages. I have copied a few of these below:

Warning: rename(/home/magenbq1/domains/lazydragons.com/public_html/tools/smarty/cache/blockcategories^1_6_0_3^379b29020ef72334fb228143076980d4e6ab6dbf.blockcategories.tpl.php) [function.rename]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/magenbq1/domains/lazydragons.com/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_write_file.php on line 48

Warning: rename(/tmp/wrtlCXk8A,/home/magenbq1/domains/lazydragons.com/public_html/tools/smarty/cache/blockcategories^1_6_0_3^379b29020ef72334fb228143076980d4e6ab6dbf.blockcategories.tpl.php) [function.rename]: Permission denied in /home/magenbq1/domains/lazydragons.com/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_write_file.php on line 48

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/magenbq1/domains/lazydragons.com/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_write_file.php on line 50

Warning: filemtime() [function.filemtime]: stat failed for /home/magenbq1/domains/lazydragons.com/public_html/tools/smarty/cache/blockcategories^1_6_0_3^379b29020ef72334fb228143076980d4e6ab6dbf.blockcategories.tpl.php in /home/magenbq1/domains/lazydragons.com/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_cacheresource_file.php on line 101

Warning: rename(/home/magenbq1/domains/lazydragons.com/public_html/tools/smarty/compile/c17cef5bb5489d10c6afdfebf973ece5585d7c74.file.blockviewed.tpl.php) [function.rename]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/magenbq1/domains/lazydragons.com/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_write_file.php on line 48

You can also have a look at the site for more error messages: www.lazydragons.com

The messages look very much alike and all seem to point to three files in the sysplugins subdirectory: smarty_internal_write_file.php, smarty_internal_cacheresource_file, smarty_internal_template.php.

I searched the forum and found a thread on a similar problem. The solution was to change the file permissions for the /config and /tools/smarty folders recursively to 655. I tried that, but it didn't work for me.

So what can I do now?

Regards,

Bert

Hi Mike,

Versio, a Dutch provider (versio.nl).

Bert

Have you tried contacting them yet? Changing the permissions to 655 should fix this issue, and the fact that you had permissions issues on the installation as well tells me that Versio may not be the best choice for running PrestaShop.

-Mike

Mike,

Just wanted to let you know the problem is solved. Versio suggested running PHP 5.3 instead of 5.2. This did the trick. The site functions normally now (with the file permissions for the files and folders mentioned in my original post back on 755 and 644), and all error messages are gone.

Best regards,

Bert