New Cookie Law

That is in poor taste. You have basically made a free software package dependent on buying a 3rd party developers module. So now the cost of Prestashop for your EU customers is $70. Are you trying to alienate your biggest market?

Edit:

It is also bad planning to. The law was passed in 2009. 3 years you could have integrated a solution. This is starting to remind me of the other softwares that give the cart away for free, but you have to buy payment gateways.

Edited by DesignHaus42 (see edit history)

I am in the US so this does not apply to me.. but it would seem some javascript could make this happen pretty easily and elegantly and fall back to an html form acceptance. Im pretty new here so Im not sure exactly where to wrench the javascript in but I would think at the top of an index.php somewhere would work. Just my 2 cents.

And yes.. not being up to speed and recommending a paid module to comply with the law in the largest market is pretty stinky.

Its not that it is actually that hard for most people that are developers for a living, it's just a pain in the butt. At the same time I know that a lot of the prestashop users are people that do not have much experience and are doing things themselves.

But to do it properly you would need to have it access the cookie too, so every time the same user comes to your site they do not get asked.

Youre right DH.. it is a developer thing for sure and it would leave the clicky next next people out. If I wasnt new to the platform Id whip up a free/donation module. Ive spent the last 4 years making joomla components and modules so its just learning curve. Maybe someone in the community could chip one in for you guys.

DesignHaus and others,

There have already been codes created by members of the community, such as this one on the forums and this external submission. However, since they are not developed by our team I cannot 100% guarantee them, which is why I suggested the one that has been tested by our Addons team. However, you are more than welcome to try those free suggestions I've linked here as well.

-Mike

You would put that in the Js that loads the addthis module. More than likely you have stuck it somewhere in your theme file.

Mike,

I was just stating that it is not 3rd party developers responsibility. As a question, will this be included in the 1.5 release?

Hi DesignHaus,

When it comes to anything related to new and upcoming features, I would suggest that you check the latest SVN files, as our developers are always working on it and I usually don't get a chance to test it out for myself until very close to the official release.

-Mike

• 8 months later...