TM Nivo slider SSL & meta problems - help needed

Mister Denial

Hi everyone,

I have issues with the TM Nivo slider module, which is a Prestashop certified module. I can't get support from the Prestastore website, because the module was part of a template I bought, and is thus not covered by tech support.

The problems I have is that the module causes SSL errors, https shows as broken in the browser bar, as the slider serves unsecured content. The problem is probably caused by the way the image URLs are handled in the slider, but I don't know where to change this.

The second is, alternative text tags are missing for all slider images, causing Google Webmaster Tools to report poor SEO for those images. Any idea how to manually add the tags?

Last but not least, if I should not be able to fix the issues, does anyone know a good slider module with customizable width, SEO-friendly and with good performance (fast loading)?

Thanks and best regards, your help is much appreciated!

Daniel

• 2 months later...

No, so far no solution in sight. It's a shame, because the module was part of a template package, so nobody feels in charge of fixing these issues, including the module developer.

Fortunately Prestashop has a great community, so I have hope that someone will be able to figure a solution to this issue. Or I will buy a new slider module.

Hi Mike,

I can't really find the email reply anymore, so I am paraphrasing here, but basically I was told to contact the module developer to get a newer version of the slider module, as it seems the alt tags etc are not featured in the version that was included with the template on sale. The module developer in turn told me something along the line that because I did not directly purchase the module, but a template that included the module, I was not really entitled to an upgrade to the latest version either.

So I am a bit stuck.

I understand that TemplateMonster can't fix the missing alt tags if the module does not have them, and I understand the module developer might not feel the need to hand out a free upgrade if the terms of his licensing deal with TemplateMonster does not specify it.

Which is why my best hope is that someone on this wonderful forum might know which bits of code to add to the module to add the alt tags, and most importantly, how to fix that SSL error - because that really is a deal-breaker on a shop template.

All the best,

Dan

• 2 years later...

I have problems with this module throwing an ssl exception - displayed as follows on whynopadlock:

Insecure URL: http://www.theoutdoorsurvivalgearstore.com/themes/weapons/img/nivo_nav.png
Found in: https://www.theoutdoorsurvivalgearstore.com/themes/weapons/css/global.css

and this is the pertinent section of the global.css file:

.nivo-directionNav a {position:absolute;top:40%;z-index:99;cursor:pointer;}
.nivo-prevNav {left:5px;display:block;width:61px;height:61px;text-indent:-9999px;background: url('../img/nivo_nav.png') top left no-repeat;}
.nivo-nextNav {right:5px;display:block;width:61px;height:61px;text-indent:-9999px;background: url('../img/nivo_nav.png') top right no-repeat;}

I also have an ssl problem with tmcategories module for same theme (38311 from uwebstores)... and no they won't help, even though I found the same theme on one of their other websites (www.membuy.com) for half the price. :/ I did not even complain about paying the higher price. They want $350 to upgrade the theme to 1.5.x even though I have done almost all of the work necessary to make this theme compliant - only need to fix nivo-slider and tmcategories. :(

Soooo... I have no other recourse but the community - any help you can offer would be most appreciated.