Automatic weight-based shipping fee calculation

prestauser9

I've submitted this suggestion as a feature request here. Basically, I'm wondering if it is possible via the creation of a module or by editing the current Prestashop code to allow for an automatic calculation of the weight-based Shipping fee, where the starting price is known, and the cost of each extra weight unit or fraction of the weight unit is at a fixed costs.

For example, if the first 2kg costs $20, and every extra kg costs $4, instead of manually entering into the back office each range of weights (0-2kg, 2.01 - 3kg,3.01-4kg ...,9.01-10kg), there user interface (UI) should have the option to enter the starting range (0-2kg) and it's price ($20), the increment (1kg), and the cost of each additional increment ($4).

What would be the best way to go about implementing this? Or is there a module available that does this?

• 1 month later...

This is something I too have been quit interested in.
Our current store includes the DHL charge in the final selling price, so basically it offers Free Shipping on all products.

We are however setting up a new shop that will be shipping products worldwide. We'll use both UPS and DHL as express options. Literally, we'll have to create the weight ranges up to which ever max kg we want to go to (x2 DHL & UPS) then manually go through the painful process of adding the charge per kg/weight range for both couriers x over 20 countries we'll be shipping to (for starters).

If there is a module that we could use to speed this process up as well as for future price updating, please let us know.

hay guys, i have made solution for this. but still in indonesian language, english translation may be available next day. may you want to review
http://statics.ilmoe.com/tutorial/prestashop/manual_instalasi_prestashop_shipping_module_indonesia.pdf
with this code you will be able to implement any carrier fee method like this

the first 2kg costs $20
every extra kg costs $4

total weight 3,6kg = $20 + (2 x $4) = $28

this calculation is used in many indonesian carriers.
thanks.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...