Need feedback, first prestashop site

hasnaat1

Nice site, A few issues I see are some the products are hard to see do to the fact they are white on a white background.

Also In the Quote banner, Quotes is spelled wrong in both places.

Overall a good job.

Nice site, A few issues I see are some the products are hard to see do to the fact they are white on a white background.

Also In the Quote banner, Quotes is spelled wrong in both places.

Overall a good job.

Thank you for the spelling correction, didn't even realize. I will change the product image tomorrow,. What is the site speed like?

Site speed is ok you could speed it up some by changing a few items.

In the back office go to preferences/ performace and change the following.

Smart cache for CSS change to Use CCC for CSS

Smart cache for Javascript change to Use CCC for Javascript

Minify HTML change to Minify HTML after "smarty compile" execution

Compress inline Javascript in HTML change to Compress inline Javascript in HTML after "smarty compile" execution

Leave High Risk as Keep W3C validation

I would also change the header section to have a larger logo and move some things around for a more cohesive look, something like the pic below. (just my thoughts and preference)

Site speed is ok you could speed it up some by changing a few items.

In the back office go to preferences/ performace and change the following.

Smart cache for CSS change to Use CCC for CSS

Smart cache for Javascript change to Use CCC for Javascript

Minify HTML change to Minify HTML after "smarty compile" execution

Compress inline Javascript in HTML change to Compress inline Javascript in HTML after "smarty compile" execution

Leave High Risk as Keep W3C validation

I would also change the header section to have a larger logo and move some things around for a more cohesive look, something like the pic below. (just my thoughts and preference)

I've already changed my settings to that, must be my hosting that isn't that good. & I agree with you but i literally have no idea how i would change that, what would i have to edit? header.tpl?

No This will all be css files some may be in global.css and others will be in the themes/ your theme/css/ module folder.

Look for the css file associated with eack block such as blockuserinfo.css.

If you temporarily change the setting I mentioned above back to us css as original I can look at the site with my developer tool and give you a better idea.

• 2 weeks later...

No This will all be css files some may be in global.css and others will be in the themes/ your theme/css/ module folder.

Look for the css file associated with eack block such as blockuserinfo.css.

If you temporarily change the setting I mentioned above back to us css as original I can look at the site with my developer tool and give you a better idea.

I've changed the settings for you, if you can help me i'll happily give you a couple of dollars via paypal

Very nice apart from images are not visible enough. You can't see boilers and radiators,(try to make them like the water tab image which looks great).

Also text is hard to be read!!

Otherwise i love it. it is really good.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes there are TPL files that I can not access through my end If you send me your FTP log in details I will make some changes and after you approve I will make some more and so on.

Check your PM & i've just realized its coz i've got a module on that stops people from looking tpl files, will disable now

Yes there are TPL files that I can not access through my end If you send me your FTP log in details I will make some changes and after you approve I will make some more and so on.

Do you know when you are going to have a look at it?

Sorry things got a little crazy here I have looked at the site and started to figure out what needs changing, so far here is what I am thinking.

I still think some things like the search bar need changing but what do you think so far.

Also are you planning on adding other languages if so give it a try I have found that it does not seem to work very well as it does not translate all the info you have typed in.

If not I suggest removing the language flag and letting the visitor translate with Google Translate.

Sorry things got a little crazy here I have looked at the site and started to figure out what needs changing, so far here is what I am thinking.

I still think some things like the search bar need changing but what do you think so far.

Also are you planning on adding other languages if so give it a try I have found that it does not seem to work very well as it does not translate all the info you have typed in.

If not I suggest removing the language flag and letting the visitor translate with Google Translate.

That looks good (Y) and i don't really need the language or currency bit, you can take that off if you want, £'s and English are the only currency and language i use. Maybe if you remove them two and add a bit for social bookmarks (facebook,ebay) in its place. Is that possible?

I changed the size of my logo and disabled the currency/language modules now when i click on a product there is some space at the top which isn't going away. Any idea? I also changed the position of the logo in global.css, maybe that has something to do with it? Also the alignment in IE9 is really realy bad. Send me your paypal email address too

Edited by hasnaat1 (see edit history)

Ok I see, looks like I need to move a few things around as removing those seems to have altered spacing.

If you can take a snap of the page and point to the SPACE as you call it, this will help in knowing exactly what you are seeing.

I took a look and have a good idea just want to be sure.

Ok I see, looks like I need to move a few things around as removing those seems to have altered spacing.

If you can take a snap of the page and point to the SPACE as you call it, this will help in knowing exactly what you are seeing.

I took a look and have a good idea just want to be sure.

5ye06.png

Nice layout. I like the colors.

Only Check out button is a bit strange for me as the button-large_exclusive.gif image has no transparent background.

Thank you for telling me that, i have fixed it now. Do you think there anyways it can be improved? ANy modules or anything?

The only issue I had was with the Featured products area when you add to cart the ajax does not seem to work and the page reloads to the checkout page.

More strange is if you click the trash can to delete the item you see the cart start to move and the page refreshes to a blank page.

If you go into products and click view and then add to cart ajax is fine and you stay on the page, you can also delete the product in the cart without any issues.

Try re-uploading the featured products block files.