[SOLVED] issue for large attributes stores

Hi,

I have a web store containg neraly 350 products and 30 categories. And quite large no of attributes groups (nearly 23) and large no of attributes as you can see from the attached image.

from admin >> catgog >> add products >> conbination(tab) >> Product combinations generator when I add all the attibutes as shown in attached image and when i click on generate button - Prestashop crashes and i get blank page....

when i debug the code i reached to the page admin/tabs/AdminAttributeGenerator.php function

static private function createCombinations($list)

I need urget help to fix the issue.... is anybody prestashop expert can help me to fix this issue... I really need it very badly

Thanks in advance

post-346889-0-46934100-1333717726_thumb.png

Hi getwebjobs,

Can you please open your config/config.inc.php file and set "display_errors" to "on" and then try this again and let me know what error message you receive? Additionally, I noticed in your screenshot that you are using version 1.2.5. This is a very old version of PrestaShop and is actually no longer officially supported, so I would strongly recommend that you consider upgrading to stay up-to-date as we move forward.

-Mike

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 524288 bytes) in D:\wamp\www\projects\store\control\tabs\AdminAttributeGenerator.php on line 53

the code on line no 53 is

$res[] = is_array($toAdd) ? array_merge($toAdd, array($attribute)) : array($toAdd, $attribute);

this is what i get when I set "display_errors" to "on". I am on localhost using 4gb ram

Nope, this isn't helping - i tried to change the memory limit on my localhost to even 2GB - still the same issue/error :(

Must need other solution - must need to rewrite that function .... can anybody prestashop real expert / prestashop [spam-filter] help me for this issue

Beacuse, we many have double the attributes what i have now - and increasing resources up-to certain limit is OK, but we can't do it every-time whenever we think of expanding our product range !

Badly looking for help

I am experiencing the same.. I even tunede up my php.ini to 2GB, and for about 20 different attributes it created almost 18000 products.. Making the site extreme slow, and the item in question cannot even load on the frontpage..

Did you find the solution?

Prestashop does not handle more than 1,000-3,000 products properly (you will start getting out of memory errors, and load time on the front end will slow, as there is a lot of javascript being executed).

Have a loot at this module, which changes the way combinations work and requires much less of them.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/47363-module-attribute-wizard-pro-create-an-unlimited-number-of-attributes-and-display-as-radio-button-checkbox-dropdown-textbox-teaxtarea-files/

I suspected that.. Instead of fixing a bug theres been around since 1.1x they wanna sell you a module solution..

I am sure the attributes combination bug isnt hard to fix for people who know how to edit and change code - unfortunately like yourself, I am not one of those.

For how long should the developers exploit this bug?.. Ive had enough!

Anyways, my solution is to make as few combinations as possible, and for the rest I ask my customers to write a note in the text field when they order.. I know its shitty solution, but I will NOT pay 150 dollars for an oversized combinations module fix.

I suspected that.. Instead of fixing a bug theres been around since 1.1x they wanna sell you a module solution..

I am sure the attributes combination bug isnt hard to fix for people who know how to edit and change code - unfortunately like yourself, I am not one of those.

For how long should the developers exploit this bug?.. Ive had enough!

Anyways, my solution is to make as few combinations as possible, and for the rest I ask my customers to write a note in the text field when they order.. I know its shitty solution, but I will NOT pay 150 dollars for an oversized combinations module fix.

Hi Conehead,

This is not a bug, but simply an issue of too many combinations to be handled at once within the current configuration. And as for the module suggested above, it is neither created nor sold by the PrestaShop team. tomerg3, one of PrestaShop's most experienced and knowledgeable community members, identified this as an area where he could offer some improvements, and created this module himself to help users such as yourself with this concern. I'm sure he could offer some additional insight into this module, and why it is set up as it is.

-Mike

Thanks Mike,

Conehead: There is no simple fix for this issue (other than the one you chose), if there was, I would have posted it here a long time ago (As I do with many other simple and not so simple fixes / modifications).

It took me almost 2 months to create a stable and accurate way around this problem.

To explain it better, the way the combinations currently work requires each combination to have 1 attribute from each group (in order to assign a specific price / weight / stock).

This in turn can grow to an unmanageable number of combination, but is not very common, the majority of web-shops do not even use 50 combinations, so this problem is relatively small scale.

The module I created changes the was combinations are handled and reduces the number of combinations that is required.

The price of it is $125, which is very low compared to the total time that went into creating and upgrading the module.

As you say, there is a free solution, which is to use less attributes, you can also try to create a better solution yourself and offer it for free, or as a $150 module.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally we achieved what our client needed after a very hard a months efforts . We almost customized the whole attribute functionality. But with it, we loose the facility to track the attribute combination quantity tracking - else all good. So with it, client can made any attributes combinations from admin with the same interface as product combination generator. It's totally a customized modifications and can be different for different stores depending on attributes. I would have post the solution here .... but as i said it is customized one and can not be the same for other store , even we customized our solution to even work with "attribute wizard" module.

With this , i guess, we can easily play with any attributes related customization.

• 4 years later...

Finally we achieved what our client needed after a very hard a months efforts . We almost customized the whole attribute functionality. But with it, we loose the facility to track the attribute combination quantity tracking - else all good. So with it, client can made any attributes combinations from admin with the same interface as product combination generator. It's totally a customized modifications and can be different for different stores depending on attributes. I would have post the solution here .... but as i said it is customized one and can not be the same for other store , even we customized our solution to even work with "attribute wizard" module.

With this , i guess, we can easily play with any attributes related customization.

Hello getwebjobs

How did you solve this problem? Attribute wizard pro module is 250$ and it is VERY VERY EXPENSIVE! for a module. I would pay max 150$ for a solution to create 4 attributes which contains 21 values per attribute... I would also buy attribute wizard pro if it would be 150 $ again... Can you share your solution please?

Edited by EvrenE (see edit history)