Page not found after enabling SSL

Today i enabled SSL, after it when i open a page that is added in Preferences -> SEO&URLs i receive Page not found. I regenerated the .htaccess file and i cleared my cache, but anyway i receive page not found. My server is on godaddy and i bought SSL from goddaddy too. It was very easy to install it, only to follow some steps, everything else was done by goddady because domain and server are on the same account. After my SSL was approved i enabled https from prestashop admin panel.

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

yes, i have another shop with same theme, on my domain where i developed it and the pages are working. the only difference is prestahsop 1.4.7.0 with no SSL. the one you see now is prestashop 1.4.7.2 with SSL

yes, i have another shop with same theme, on my domain where i developed it and the pages are working. the only difference is prestahsop 1.4.7.0 with no SSL. the one you see now is prestashop 1.4.7.2 with SSL

But before you activated SSL on 1.4.7.2, were your Friendly URLs working properly on that site without SSL?

-Mike

i re-installed the shop but the same problem. i installed an original prestashop .... same problem.

i found this http://www.prestasho...-url-rewriting/

seems that other people have same problem with prestashop on godaddy, i tried the method from the above topic and it is not working for me.

But which is the most interesting part.... url for category page and product page is rewritten :)

(url form images and others)

so the question is: where is the problem... server or prestashop?

yes, it was not working. yesterday i was checking the main menu pages, and they were working because the url for them is not rewritten. it seems before update the pages from SEO & urls were not working too but for main menu were working.

i contacted goddady they said that the problem is not from their side, they told me to check if prestashop is compatible with apache 2.2

i dont understand why for some page url is rewritten but for other is not?

i installed an original prestashop on same server, i enabled friendly urls and the pages that are included in Preferences - > SEO & URLs appear as page not found.

if i delete a page from Preferences - > SEO & URLs the page is opened correctly and it is not redirected to page not found.

Product page, category page urls are rewitten and there is no problem with url rewriting.

• 4 weeks later...

I solved my problem. Since the hosting that I use is my own server. Server is running with hosting panel, where I previously had enable server to use SSL which is basically the same as to run >a2enmod ssl via SSH client. So I havent notice that hosting panel has different file which commands to appache, and in that file there are settings for that domain for port :443, and paths to the certificate as well. But when I made the install, I have created record in apache/sites-available/, where settings were the same as in the apache file, owned by the hosting panel. And then run a2enssite www.mydomain.com-ssl. reload apache server and that is all. But Godaddy SSL testing Tool was saying unsupported SSL. What have I done? Simply edited the apache config file, owned by the hosting panel and saw that the paths to the SSL key are default, pointing to server.pem and so.... changed them to the real path, and restart apache again. I was thinking well done godaddy testing tool was saying ok! But in fact the SSL was using two config files at the same time, one from the /etc/apache/sites-available/www.mydomain.com-ssl and one from /var/www/hostingpanel/apache.conf file. SO working like that was crashing my product images, and was causing trouble to redirecting and getting 404 error on some pages. Now how I fix it? Just went to /etc/apache/sites-available/www.mydomain.com-ssl and run a2dissite www.mydomain.com-ssl and restarted apache, now certificate was pathed from one path only. I entered back panel of prestashop, enabled Friendly URL, and GREAT images are here AND no more 404 errors on some pages listed in preferences-->seo&url.

That is the solution for me! I hope if someone is running server by himself, just to be sure for that double-crossing of the configuration!

One more thing! I downloaded 1.4.7.3 and took only the /classes/FrontControler.php since I use First Data payment, and with the default file FronControler.php from version 1.4.6.2 when I try to checkout with First Data, all pages from modules/egfirstdata were still under http://. The new file from 1.4.7.3 has fixed this issue! Thank you!

But there is still a strange behavior I can not use guest checkout option, because after entering all data eg. name, street address, email and hit "next", customers can choose payment gateway, but if I hit PayPal it's fine redirects to paypal and that is ok! But if I hit first data gateway, prestashop redirects me to login page again. That is problem because you have to register to use first data. Is it setting of first data payment gateway. Do I need to contact developers of this module or that is just the way it should be?

• 1 year later...