Random order number generator

Sushma

Hi,

I need this feature built urgently.

Change order number to be a random number on Prestashop 1.4.2.5

Description: Order numbers are presently system generated sequential numbers. This means that competitors can easily figure out the number of orders placed on the site. Can you modify this so that the order number is a random system generated number?

Edit: I am also open to other solutions like the order number being a combination of DATE and some large number and so on.

Please quote your price and time needed by messaging me.

Thanks

Sushma

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This means that competitors can easily figure out the number of orders placed on the site.

only if they place an order... and if they do, great ! that means they're worried enough about you to be spending their hard earned money on your site .. and if that is the case, then you're obviously already successful and the order ID will soon rocket up anyway on it's own. Therefore, this is a moot point.

However, the better reason for doing this is to not give away how badly you're doing to your CUSTOMERS.. Its not good if they place an order, and then discover they're only the 40th order you've ever received. however, in truth, most arent savvy enough to realise this.

IE, this is a non issue.

Edited by adibranch (see edit history)