[SOLVED] Firefox 11 breaks PS 1.4.7.0

Man! I had to give up using IE in BO. I HAD to switch to Firefox to get anything done in Prestashop. Now I again I need to switch browser to work in Prestashop?

What hoops are our users willing to jump through?

To use the forum I need to view it in firefox. But if I want to see an image attachment in someone’s post, I have to open IE. I'm really starting to second guess my decision to commit to this project.

I have not looked into this issue too closely, but it sounds like a potential bug with TinyMCE (a 3rd party open source editor) and firefox 11, hardly something the Prestashop team can predict or plan for....

I personally use Chrome on the forum and in the BO, and FF with firebug for anything front end.

Hi everyone,

As Tomer said the problem is linked to the version of TinyMCE. The problem has been reported.

In the French forums cyril84 gave a temporary solution (http://www.prestasho...post__p__783403)

It may not be without risk, you should save your files if you want to try it.

You have to download TinyMCE 3.5b2 here :

http://www.tinymce.c...ad/download.php

Then in PrestaShop "js/tiny_mce" folder replace the following files with the ones in the 3.5b2 version

tiny_mce.js

tiny_mce_popup.js

tiny_mce_src.js

It should fix the issue with Firefox11.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carl,

It is funny how you suggest all of us to just upgrade our prestashop version to 1.4.7.3. Some of us have spent fortune and a good amount of time making modifications to our templates to fit our store. Upgrading to the latest version of prestashop is not an option for us as it will break our e-commerce store entirely.

I have prestashop 1.3.1.1 and 1.3.5.0 on two of my sites. So can you please suggest me a solution?

Thanks.

• Like 2

Hi Carl,

It is funny how you suggest all of us to just upgrade our prestashop version to 1.4.7.3. Some of us have spent fortune and a good amount of time making modifications to our templates to fit our store. Upgrading to the latest version of prestashop is not an option for us as it will break our e-commerce store entirely.

I have prestashop 1.3.1.1 and 1.3.5.0 on two of my sites. So can you please suggest me a solution?

Thanks.

It is true what hurray said - upgrading is definitely not a solution for all, because myself, I'm using older version of Prestashop and have made tens of changes in the php, js and html documents in order to work and show the way I want.

Plus, there is still no solution for my langugage (Slovenian) - the translation is not nearly close to the complete translation, I had to do it all manually and spend hundreds of hours just to translate and adjust everything to work near to perfection. I've done some test upgradings and none of them gave good results - it would result in break down of my e-store If I ugrade it.

So, I belive there must be some other solution to this problem rather than upgrading the Prestastore. Any suggestion, please? I'd be very thankful for that and would gladly share it with other Prestashop users who are having the same problem.

Thank you!

Nina

Hi Carl,

Thanks for answering even though not until Nina posted.

So is the solution "Download TinyMCE 3.5b2 here := http://www.tinymce.c...ad/download.php"? If it is, I cannot find 3.5b2.

Or is it, switching language next to the descriptions as mentioned above? Because if it is, the language in my e-store does not work. It only has 1 language and if I install a second one, it breaks the entire store.

Hurray

Yes I did not receive notification for your answer so I was not aware of new post.

Try with the latest beta, 3.5b3 it should be good too, just replace the 3 files mentioned in the above post.

Do not forget before any changes to save the previous files. Never too cautious!

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your reply.

I looked under public_html/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce and found and replaced tiny_mce.js and tiny_mce_popup.js files. I could not find "tiny_mce_src.js" file. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem.

I am using 1.3.5.0.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, 

To me it did not work any solution exposed here. I downloaded the tinymce version 35b and overwrote the files and nothing changes. 

Obviously upgrade my store is not a solution for me, like other people say here i made lots of changes in codes an files... too many work, bad solution.

I've solved the bug changing a line from the file "root/js/tinymce.inc.js

To fix, only change the following line of code:
language : iso

by this other:

language : 'en',

In facts, you just have force the English language.

I have to say, that in my particular case my shop uses only one language and this is not English.

If this is your case and dont work the fix exposed here try this.

My prestashop is 1.4.7

I hope can help anyone.

Thanks

Edited by Tocapixels (see edit history)