Blank back office login, Front office no problems, PHP 5.3, GoDaddy Hosting

New download. Current downloaded 2 days ago. Uploaded to my hosting account. No problems setting up, everything passed and was set up. Deleted /install folder. Changed /admin folder name. Made sure FTP was correct and current.

Front office loaded fine. Back office brings up blank page. Was running PHP 5, upgraded to PHP 5.3. Same issue. Firefox browser, tried in IE with same issues (except page is IE error with cannot open page). Restarted both browsers same issues. Deleted cookies and temp files. Restarted system. Same issues.

Copied original /admin folder from .zip file to FTP upload. Renamed and uploaded. Removed original /admin from FTP. Tried loading, same issue. Tried all the other steps again same issues.

Changed PHP 5 to PHP 5.3 on GoDaddy hosting, same issues.

Have looked everywhere for same/similar issue, none of the solutions have helped.

I am sure this is something super simple that I am just overlooking, but cannot figure it out.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you!

sounds like a possible missing lib.

in your config/config.inc.php file, change the "display_errors" setting to 'on' so it looks like this

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

then try your back office again, you should get an error message. come back with that message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '&' in D:\Hosting\6235789\html\acehighpro\prestashop\acehigh1\header.inc.php on line 47

Fixed the error, but now is the page stating that you must delete the install folder and rename the admin folder. No new errors just that page coming up.

Thanks again!

I am not that ignorant lol. Sorry but I would have said that it was already done but I went through that in the first post.

That is why I do not understand why it keeps popping up with that. Install folder is completely gone and has been since the get go when the problems started. Admin folder was renamed from the get go.

I have done this over and over and over again. Nothing is working. I have verified that everything is moved, deleted, renamed ~ whatever needed to be done from the instructions. I have deleted all files from my server, redownloaded Prestashop, reuploaded everything and gone through all of the steps yet again (including restarting browser, system, deleting cookies/temp files, etc) and still coming up all of the same errors listed in the very first post.

Have made sure that everything is correct on my host (godaddy). Has anyone else had problems like this?

Gotta be missing something somewhere.

Thanks!

Someone has got to know something.

the error in the original post was the & in the header.inc.php? what did you do to fix that error? why was there an extra & to begin with?

this is line 47 in the header.inc.php of v1.4.7. as you can see there is no &

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="themes/'.$employee->bo_theme.'/admin.css" />

The "&" was not present in the original file from the downloaded zip. I checked my other downloads of it (external drive) to make sure that they were the same. None of them had the & present. For some reason upon installation, the "&" was added to line 47. It did it the first 3 times without me opening that file, editing it, or anything. To answer your question in case anyone else has this issue, I did go into line 47 and delete the &. That is when the new error page stated that I needed to delete the install folder and rename the admin folder (although it was already done and had been done since the install). It made no sense as to why it popped up since it was done and was verified on my host.

But, FINALLY.... I have been able to access the front and back office properly.

I ditched everything for the fourth time, re-uploaded the original files, and went through installation again. This time the installation page was different and came up with an error message when I tried installing with a database was already in existence for it (although everything had been deleted... thought it was a little weird for the message because of that).

Decided to attempt the front office at that time, and it popped up correctly. Then attempted the back office and it popped up correctly with the login. Needless to say this has not been by the text book and definitely not something that I want to deal with again. Now several days later I finally have it.

Thanks for your help!