Moving to new Server- Front End is blank?

Hi,

I am trying to my my shop to a new server but keep the existing domain name.

Here is what I did:

If you need to move PrestaShop site to another server, you need to follow these steps:

1. Backup full site ( all file and database) for security reaasons.

2. Upload all files to new hosting via FTP or SSH

3. Import the database using the phpMyAdmin

4. Using PHPMyAdmin and go to the table "ps_configuration" and change 2 line PS_SHOP_DOMAIN and PS_SHOP_DOMAIN_SSL to new domain.

5 Updating your config settings: Goto config/settings.inc.php and change database connection include: database name: _DB_NAME_, user: _DB_USER_ and password: _DB_PASSWD_

6. Set the permissions on Files and Folders to 777 for some needed folders and files.

7. Go to Admin Tools/ Generate .htaccess and robots files.

I've tested the back office, it seems to be working well, except in the Stats/Online Visistor-- It says that there are 300+ online visitors which mustn't be corrected- without this I think BO is okay with other functions however the Front end is blank, view the source code on the browser I see there are only these empty tags:

<html><head></head><body></body></html>

Could anyone let me know if I did something wrong pls?

in config/config.inc.php there is a line

@ini_set('display_errors', 'off');

change 'off' to 'on' and try again. hopefully you should see an error message appear this time.

i suspect your new host may not have mcrypt enabled, or some other required php library.

hi bellini13,

Thank you for your great suggestion! The site is working now! I made a mistake at step 6(I forgot to set permission of Cache,compile folders inside smarty and smarty 2)!

Thank you again!