5-step guest checkout hanging on page 2 in 1.4.7.0

Guest checkout is hanging on a clean install of 1.4.7. I noticed this on a site I was setting up and switched from 1-page checkout to regular 5-page guest checkout. I did a fresh install and reproduced the steps using the following steps:

1. Verify that regular guest checkout works by adding an ipod to the cart and checking out by creating an account.

2. Enabled guest checkout, disabled recycled paper and gift wrap.

3. Cleared cookies and added an ipod to the cart

4. Filled out information on first page and clicked 'next'.

5. The system hung at the following URL and page:

http://www.organizeitmom.com/order.php?step=2 (this is an internal test site that won't work at the moment).

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

I set everything back to default and verified that regular login allowed regular 5-step checkout, then just enabled guest checkout and got the same results. I also verified that it didn't work in IE9. I also tested with and without SSL and enabled.

I am not seeing any errors in the apache error log.

Any thoughts on this?

This just happened to me. In my case I had to regenerate the .htaccess file every time I switched between 5 step checkout and one-page checkout. Using V1.4.7

Try regenerating your .htaccess. Won't hurt. ^_^

I actually deleted the .htaccess file just to test that and didn't get any better results. There is a comment on the ticket above (PSCFI-4984) from one of the developers that I applied. It seems to have fixed the issue.

I changed line 271 in OrderController.php from:

if (self::$cookie->is_guest)

to:

if (self::$cookie->is_guest && $this->step != 2)

This appears to have solved the issue. I can now place orders as a guest on the 5-step checkout. If I see other issues I'll log them.

Thanks for that.

I checked mine:

if (self::$cookie->is_guest)

Tools::redirect('order.php?step=2');

I did not change anything. I'll leave that as is unless I have the same problem.

Another thing I had to do to ensure a smooth checkout - I'm using IIS, I had to turn off Output Caching. The caching makes the site really fast, but it messes up checkout.

• 3 years later...