[SOLVED] PS 1.4.6 not working good on SitegroundDedicated server

Hi,

I was using a shared server before and my prestashop installation was working great on it. I started doing email campaigns on my site and suddenly saw huge traffic being on my site. our site got great response and with that our chared server got us blocked for using too much of resources.

Please note that i was using Siteground's shared server and my traffic was around 1000 users daily visit with 100+ online at a time. When i did the campaign then the user grew till 2700 page views a day and 300 users at a time. Now this is where i shifted to their Semi dedicated plan which was a bit expensive. After few days i ran a campaign for around 100000 users and got a response of 3000 page views and then siteground blocked my site as my quota was over. Then i immediately ordered their dedicated plan as to overcome the marketing costs that were involved. Now i am using their following system

Atom Dual-Core 330 1.6 GHz green_friendly.gif

OS: cPanel: Managed: RAM: HDD: Traffic: Price/mo: Setup fee: CentOS check_small.gifcheck_small.gifmore... 2 GB DDR2 500 GB 10 TB $169.00 $49.00

Now the problem is that my site sees a page views of 5000 and i have 2000 active users at a time when i run a campaign but the problem is that my site crashes often and scripts dont fully load. people are not able to process the payments hence whole of the stuff is a failure.

I would like to ask prestashop people. What is the minimum server requirements for a prestashop site that can hold upto 5000 users at a time, processing all orders and making people browse the site properly. Also share if any particular tested hosting is recommended for the same. I have capability to have over 10000 people at a time on my site plus daily 100000 page views. I just need a recommended server.

PS team, your replies are awaited as you created this system and you know that best. Still i would appreciate those who are happy with other server performance on this type of requirement.

Please note that we have

8000 product. and 6000 registered users.

We would have around 200 daily registrations but we want that 2000 people register with ease at a time.

Also note that the site slows down a lot after running the campaign. We are then not able to upload the products and manage orders. Infact orders are created with no products in it.

This all becomes a mess. Kindly share recommendation/

Thanks in advance

Hi Swikaar,

You can find more information on PrestaShop's system requirements here. Additionally, you can also sign up with a preferred rate for several high-quality hosting providers using the links at the bottom of the page. Everyone has their own opinion, but my personal preference when it comes to hosting providers is HostGator.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Hi Swikaar,

You can find more information on PrestaShop's system requirements here. Additionally, you can also sign up with a preferred rate for several high-quality hosting providers using the links at the bottom of the page. Everyone has their own opinion, but my personal preference when it comes to hosting providers is HostGator.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Thanks mike for a prompt response. Please share that what do i go for in hostgater after looking at my current requirement. You are from the presta team . I will go with what you would say. recommend which hosting plan would be best for me..

Thanks once again

Thanks mike for a prompt response. Please share that what do i go for in hostgater after looking at my current requirement. You are from the presta team . I will go with what you would say. recommend which hosting plan would be best for me..

Thanks once again

Hi Swikkar,

Any of their plans should work fine when it comes to PrestaShop, but I would recommend their Baby plan because it is the least expensive plan that also offers the security of using an SSL certificate on your site. And be sure to use the link I posted above to get a discount!

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Hi Swikkar,

Any of their plans should work fine when it comes to PrestaShop, but I would recommend their Baby plan because it is the least expensive plan that also offers the security of using an SSL certificate on your site. And be sure to use the link I posted above to get a discount!

I hope this helps.

-Mike

YOu have mentioned the BABY PLAN. I checked their site and this plan is one of the shared servers plan. Please share, Wont they block my site if i draw 100000 users on their site daily?

YOu have mentioned the BABY PLAN. I checked their site and this plan is one of the shared servers plan. Please share, Wont they block my site if i draw 100000 users on their site daily?

If you're concerned about that, I would recommend that you call and ask them directly, but if that is a concern, you may want to check out their VPS hosting plans, although the exact level of the plan will depend on your specific needs.

-Mike

If you're concerned about that, I would recommend that you call and ask them directly, but if that is a concern, you may want to check out their VPS hosting plans, although the exact level of the plan will depend on your specific needs.

-Mike

Hey mike,

Since you are from the prestashop team what server would you recommend. I just want my site to run smoothly when 3000 users are online on the site at a time.

I am hoping for a server configuration from your end.

Thanks for the responses

Hi Swikaar,

While I can recommend all sorts of potential configurations for PrestaShop, in the end HostGator would know their own server capabilities better than anyone. They are also extremely knowledgeable about PrestaShop compared to other hosting providers, so if you give them a call and tell them exactly what you're looking for, I'm confident that they will make the best recommendation for your site.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I moved to shared server of hostgator and see what i got in response.

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.

The data has been transferred but the site is showing white page in the temporary URL. While checking I found that your script needs Memcache which we do not provide in our shared environment. Please check the below error log for your confirmation:

[28-Mar-2012 07:17:53] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Memcache' not found in /home/buyatbra/public_html/classes/MCached.php on line 41

[28-Mar-2012 07:10:54] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Memcache' not found in /home/buyatbra/public_html/classes/MCached.php on line 41

[28-Mar-2012 07:11:08] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Memcache' not found in /home/buyatbra/public_html/classes/MCached.php on line 41

[28-Mar-2012 07:16:52] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Memcache' not found in /home/buyatbra/public_html/classes/MCached.php on line 41

I would suggest you to get your script changed to work without Memcache.

Best Regards,

Nilesh Bodake,

Security and Abuse,

Hostgator India Operations.

------------------------------------------------------

please let me know if hostgator DOES NOT HAVE MEMCACHE

Thats fair, I am just curious on how come the preta Team suggested Hostgator when they dont fully comply with the requirements

Hi Swikaar,

Memcached is not a requirement, but an optional feature for optimizing your site. However, it is not available on any shared hosting, only on dedicated servers. You can learn a little more about this here.

-Mike

Hi Swikaar,

Memcached is not a requirement, but an optional feature for optimizing your site. However, it is not available on any shared hosting, only on dedicated servers. You can learn a little more about this here.

-Mike

I just want to add to this. My previous Host Siteground, had memcatche installed when i was using their shared server.

I just want to add to this. My previous Host Siteground, had memcatche installed when i was using their shared server.

Hi Swikaar,

This is not something we have control over. I provided you a recommendation based on the conditions you posted above, which did not include a request for a Memcached option. In this situation, you would need to speak directly with HostGator or another hosting provider to get more information.

-Mike

• 6 months later...

Update, I know i am updating after a long time . Kindly note that your recommendation was again a flop. Hostgator said that we use a lot of resources and then it started turning off our site in most business hours, We have finally shifted to a dedicated server.