Strange installation problem

During my first trials with prestashop 1.4.7.0 i bumped int a strange problem.

I will explain step by step what i noticed.

First is installed on a centos 5.7-64 with apache as user apache.

After setting all the folders to 777 as stated in the setup installation succeeded and my local language (dutch) was added magically to the shop.

Because of security concerns this server was uodated to apache with mod_ruid2.

Deleted the whole installation and cleared the database and started from scratch.

Installation succeeded and there was no need to set any folders to 777 any more.

After rmoving /install and renaming /admin my backend was still in english and dutch was not added to the translations.

I tried to add it manually buth the only that happens is green bar in the top of the page saying that the translation was added buth the language not created.

I have searched trough all log files (root access) and found no errors.

Because i do not want to switch back to plain apache i am looking for a solution for this problem.

Server info: Apache 2.2.x, php 5.3.x, mysql 5.1.x

All modifications to php.ini done

After adding the dutch language in tools>translations i get a green bar with the message:

Translation added successfully but the language has not been created

and no flag/language added in tools>languages so there is nothing to enable.

In the translations folder nl is added with some files only index.php is missing if i compare it to the other folders.

Hi ads,

We had another report this to our bug tracker here. Can you please comment on this report to bring it back up to the top of our development team's queue?

-Mike

hello, I have several problems with prestashop. First the translation import says its translated but not created and next is the paypal module isnt working right I have send twice a request to the support of prestashop, but they do not respond......

Thanks

Frenk!

hello, I have several problems with prestashop. First the translation import says its translated but not created and next is the paypal module isnt working right I have send twice a request to the support of prestashop, but they do not respond......

Thanks

Frenk!

Hi Frenk,

In terms of the translations issue, please visit the link I posted for ads61 up above. And as for your PayPal problem, have you already posted your issue here?

-Mike