How to hide download new vesion link in admin?

Jennym

Thank you for the prompt attention and reply.. though i was already successful in doing the changes on my own... it was nice hearing from you. Please can you direct me to change the following:

admin > modules > now here if I click on plus sign of SEO so it will show the text Google sitemap

v1.8 by

PrestaShop

In this I want change the text by Prestashop.

Please help.

• 4 months later...

in /admin/tabs/AdminHome.php, search for "New PrestaShop version available". you will find the code that executes looking for a new version. just comment out that entire section.

on v1.4.6.2, it appears on lines 169-181. your version might be different,

Hi!

jennyjm sorry for using your post but

Is is possible just to hide the update to a lojistian and show to administrator?

thanks

yes, you would have to look at the logged users profile using a simple IF statement condition, and show accordingly.

you could review many of the Admin tabs for examples of where this is performed. If you need further assistance, I can provide a paid service to do this for you. Send me a PM if you are interested.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

In PS version 1.5.4.1:

/<YOUR ADMIN FOLDER>/themes/default/template/controllers/home/content.tpl

You'll see:

<div id="blockNewVersionCheck">
  {if $upgrade->need_upgrade}
    <div class="warning warn" style="margin-bottom:10px;">
      <h3>{l s='A new version of PrestaShop is available.'} : <a style="text-decoration: underline;" href="{$upgrade->link}" target="_blank">{l s='Download'} {$upgrade->version_name}</a> !</h3>
    </div>
  {/if}
</div>

Delete or comment out the incriminating code. I recommend just commenting out the `.warning` box; that way it still shows up in the HTML source as an occasional reminder for devs.