Send EMail on order confirmation

depp1983

Hi there

I have to send an email with customer data and ordered product data to an external server if a user has finished his order (if he has already paid by credit card or of he will get a bill).

My question is where i should preferably place this mail-function. I went trough some tutorials but i think there are several possibilities and before doing something very stupid i wanted to ask you if you already know the best way to do that.

Thank you for your advice.

Best regards

Thanks nashtu3000, too.

After the hint of bellini13, I see where i could place this code.

But if it is much more proper to change the mailalert-module according to this, i would like to learn how to do that. I had a look at this module and i can't find where to put it properly as a new module. how would you do that? or how much would it cost if you just did it for me?

Thanks Bellini,

It's working now.

For anyone who does not see all of the modules they are supposed to have in their back office, your configured memory may be a problem. You can correct this problem in your config.inc.php file in the config folder. You may have to add a line something like this:

ini_set('memory_limit','160M');

In my file, I added it to line #44. There is a Comment above this line that says something like:

/* Improve PHP configuration to prevent issues */

I added line #44 immediately after:

ini_set('magic_quotes_runtime', 0);

Hope this helps someone.

• 3 years later...