Fresh Install 1.4.7, how to transfer 1.3.7 shop to this?

Hi

I've been tryin to understand this but I just got more confused, so please help me out.

I have an existing 1.3.7 PS shop, however I want to use the latest version so I have fresh installed 1.4.7 PS on my localhost as a test before I make any changes to my live site.

My question now is how do I transfer/copy my 1.3.7 PS shop details, databases etc into this fresh install.

I once long ago had tried to upgrade my store to 1.4 PS when it first released but it had completely messed up my store. It took me weeks to undo that damage and still doubt I have succeeded completely.

All these guides are just even more confusing. Can anyone please give me a direct solution?

Thanks!

There is a module out there 'easy update' (http://addons.prestashop.com/nl/back-office-tools/1326-prestashop-easy-update.html) which can help you. Though.. make backups of everything because its very likely that prestashop will give you a hard time.

Another way you could do it is installing a clean prestashop, export your databases and load/import those in one by one.

Last one is a serious job though. Good luck.