This application need you to activate javascript to correctly work

Hi lubezneishii,

In that case, this appears to be an issue with one or more of your files having been corrupted during the install process. Can you please delete everything via FTP, download a fresh copy of the software by clicking here, and try to re-add the files and start the installation process again?

If you have the same issue on a clean reinstall, you will likely need to check with your hosting provider to confirm that they meet PrestaShop's minimum requirements.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

On the file install/controller.js on line after the line (917)

$("#noJavaScript").hide();

add this line

alert('Javascript enable');

Re-try an install. Do you have an popup window with the message: "Javascript enable"

Best regards,

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I am having the same issue.

It all started with variations in my website, firstly the catagories would appear and disapear, without changing anything in the back end.

Then I changed the template, to try to rectify the problem. As soon as I did this, the whole site went blank.

Stupidly, I hadn't created a database backup. I did however download all the files.

So I re uploaded all the files, still a blank site. The whole thing, was a white page, including the source code.

So, I renamed the resident folder on my server and re uploaded the whole prestashop, fresh. Now I can only see a blank page with :

This application needs you to activate Javascript to correctly work.

I have tried in Chrome, i usually use firefox. I have ensured java is enabled on both browsers.

So, now I am attempting to re install the newest download, V 1.4.9

This seems to have fixed the issue, however sadly I have lost the hundreds of hours work loading products. This isn't my first prestashop, I also host my own websites with hostgator, however, I am a hobbyist, not a professional hosting company, so asking me to change xyz on my servers is useless unless you write instructions in very small dolly steps.

Just thought I would let you know its not an isolated incident and how I 'fixed' it.

I love prestashop, but now I am nervous about trusting it. :-(

Edited by Himbo (see edit history)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...