One page checkout module - Customer service

I bought the one page checkout prestashop module. I found that there's a functionality problem with the module in Internet Explorer 8 browser. I contacted the developer through the module's page on the prestashop add-on site. The response I got was that the problem doesn't occur on IE9 and the developer is no longer using IE8 so he can't reproduce the problem.

There is no possibility of reply to the email which was sent from [email protected]. Effectively the conversation was terminated. This is bad customer service, implying that IE8 is a dead browser, considering that IE9 can only be used with Windows 7.

EDIT - This was partially a misunderstanding on my part. I was not familiar with the function of the Prestashop addons messaging system. While the email could not be replied to, there was a reply link in the email which goes back to the addons website and where the conversation can be continued, this was not immediately apparent. I found this messaging system to be inefficient to say the least. Some of the responses would take days to post, and sometimes there would be no notification.

Be that as it may once I got with Peter (OPC developer) via normal email things went super smooth. Communication was fast and his instructions concise and easy to understand. The IE8 problem was fixed immediately. Peter also helped me tweak the module to my particular needs. I'm happy with the OPC module and recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dan,

I just came across this post coincidentally.

I'm the module developer and you've been in contact with me. Looking back I admit my response was too short without asking for further inputs, but that wasn't meant to be "case closed" answer, I'm sorry for that. I've got quite a few messages lately so I guess I replied some of them a bit in hurry.

OPC module is definitely supported on IE7+, but this problem simply doesn't occur on any installation, so I need to find specifics of your setup to resolve this issue. Please contact me on my support email directly - [email protected], so we can settle this down.

What regards cutting off the communication, that's caused by communication interface on Addons, and believe me, it annoys also me, especially when I make reply and it can be blocked without my knowledge (I guess for validation) for several days and customer is complaining he hasn't received an answer.

Understandably, Addons admins don't want to see sharing emails / links / phone number as pre-sale activity, and your case BTW is in my Seller account interface marked as pre-sale (I guess probably because you post a message when you weren't logged in). My support email is printed in UserGuide on every page, displayed on many places in forum and my site, so I guess it's not hidden to anyone.

So please get back to me for further details.

-peter.

• 4 years later...