[SOLVED] Compatibility issues 1.4.0.X vs. 1.4.6.2.

Dear Presta friends,

I am new to PrestaShop, but I have already chosen it to power my webshop due to its excellent features. Here is the thing I need help with before I spend money.

I want to buy a PrestaShop theme that was built for versions 1.4.0.X. The question is would the theme work with latest version of PrestaShop 1.4.6.2? And what about newer versions that will come? Version 1.5?

When do the compatibility problems appear? I want to know for sure because I'd like to upgrade my webshop whenever a new version of Presta comes out.

Thank you very much for your kind help!

D,

Croatia

Hi D,

It may depend on the specific theme, but a theme developed for 1.4.0.X *should* work with version 1.4.6.2. Usually, compatibility concerns come into play with larger updates, such as 1.3 versus 1.4.

However, I would recommend that you try to contact the developer of this specific theme first just to get confirmation from the person who originally created it, so that you can buy the theme with more peace of mind.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Hello Mike,

and thanks for your fast response! You really helped me.

I will try to contact the theme designer. When/if I buy the theme and eventually install it on my webshop, I will let everyone that might be concerned about the same things know the answer to my problem.

Best regards,

~D