[SOLVED] site gets very slow when using vouchers

I have noticed that after adding a voucher code at order step 1 the site becomes very slow in the order process. It takes about one minute to open the cart or 15-30 seconds to open next order pages.

After I log out, the site comes back to its normal speed.

Anyone with similar issues?

PS v1.3.2; Chrome (Firefox seems a bit faster)

I used the module to clean the database.

It's faster now, but the following error showed up in the header: Warning: set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit due to system policy in /customers/5/c/a/ilovekutchi.com/httpd.www/shop/modules/deleteconnections/deleteconnections.php on line 2

With that, some of the page design changed! Font-size is different in the cart!!

I uninstalled the module and the design came back to normal. I advise you to solve this bug...

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have the exact same problem with my shop. It's on Prestashop 1.4.3.

I have 161 customers, and 38 vouchers, 3400 products.

Browsing on the website just gets extremely slow if a customer has a voucher in cart. It's not just the check-out step but anything and everything! I suspect the blockcart module might be doing some unnecessary work if it has a voucher in it. Just a guess.

I tried the delete-connections module suggested on this thread, but it didn't seem to have helped much, unfortunately. 38 vouchers are not really a lot, and I plan on using much more voucher as an effective way to keep customer loyalty.

Any lead to a solution would be really appreciated!

Thanks,

Soo

• 8 months later...