Need phone verification module

Jasen

Need a phone verification module that will require users to verify phone after their first time purchase and the phone number has to match the one on PP account. There should be option for me to change what status the order is placed in before & after the phone verification and users should have to do this only once.

first you need a service that can perform the phone verification, I did a simple google search and found this...

http://www.phoneconfirm.com/Index.aspx

Once you decide on the vendor that can provide the service, come back hereand we can discuss more on the prestashop module to integrate with that service. The vendor I located has the following details for integration, the one you select should have something similar.

http://www.phoneconfirm.com/Guest/implementation.aspx

ok good, now that we have settled on a service provider, lets talk about some of your specific requirments.

1) how do customers currently make payments for orders on your site? paypal, credit card processor, COD, bank wire etc...? I assume the payment module will place the status of the order as "payment accepted", is this correct? Does the payment module need to be revised to change the status to something like "pending-verification"?

2) you state you want the user to verify the phone AFTER the order is placed, is that correct?

3) If the customer has provided both home and mobile phone numbers, which phone should be used? Does the customer have to choose one of them?

4) If the customer does not perform the verification directly after the order is placed, but comes back to your site later or the next day. How will they enter the verification flow, do you want a new link in the My Account block to appear until they have completed the process?

I have additional questions, but they depend on the answers to the above. So please answer these questions for now and we can proceed.

ok good, now that we have settled on a service provider, lets talk about some of your specific requirments.

1) how do customers currently make payments for orders on your site? paypal, credit card processor, COD, bank wire etc...? I assume the payment module will place the status of the order as "payment accepted", is this correct? Does the payment module need to be revised to change the status to something like "pending-verification"?

2) you state you want the user to verify the phone AFTER the order is placed, is that correct?

3) If the customer has provided both home and mobile phone numbers, which phone should be used? Does the customer have to choose one of them?

4) If the customer does not perform the verification directly after the order is placed, but comes back to your site later or the next day. How will they enter the verification flow, do you want a new link in the My Account block to appear until they have completed the process?

I have additional questions, but they depend on the answers to the above. So please answer these questions for now and we can proceed.

1) Paypal is the only accepted payment method for now and you are exactly right. Right now, order status is set to "payment accepted" after the payment but I need the first time orders (Also bulk orders) to be set to status "pending verification" after payment and order is placed. They should then be able to verify using their phone and this whole process should be automatic meaning, they should be able to verify their phone from their account page or such and order status should be set to payment accepted after phone was successfully verified.

2) Yes

3) Phone number should match the one on the Paypal account. (Let me know how you think about this but I think it's the only way to prevent fraud with stolen PP accounts, etc)

4) Yes a new link in my account page is exactly what I want.

* Note that my shop has an automatic delivery system that sends out digital goods once the orders are set to "payment accepted" and in your module I should have the option from backend to change the status of the order that the module changes to before and after verification.

Can you expand on what "bulk orders" are?

I don't believe you have access to the buyers phone number within prestashop. I searched the Paypal API's and I'm not finding anything related to receiving the buyer's phone number. Also, not all paypal user's will have a phone number. I think the best we can do systemically is to use the phone number they provided during the registration process.

Also, you are asking for more than just a module. You also need customizations to paypal module and order confirmation process to direct the users to the verification flow, after the order has been completed.

So far, what we have determined is the following

1) Creation of a new custom order status within the back office called "pending verification".

2) The paypal module that you use needs to be customized so that after successful paypal payment, the status changes to "pending" instead of accepted. It only does this if the customer has not already been verified (subsequent orders).

3) The bulk order process needs to be revised. Need more details on what this is

4) A module to control the verification flow needs to be created. It will interface with the service provider and the customer. Once verified, the module will change all "pending" orders to "payment accepted". The module also needs to display the verification link in the my accounts block, so that users can re-enter the flow if necessary.

I am assuming that you will be using the order page in the back office to change the order status. The module need not provide a special function for this.

Bulk orders meaning if a user buys more than 3 keys at once, the phone verification is required again. Also you are right in all your points. I guess I can just have users verify the phone number they provide during registration. He/she should be able to use both cell/home to verify. Also there should a limit to how many more time the user can resend the call from their account page for 1 order. For example, up to 3 calls at total can be sent to verify if user fails the first two.

ah ok, thanks for clarifying the bulk order, makes sense now.

so if the user has provided both a home and mobile phone, then during the verification process we will ask them to choose the phone number to use.

If they fail the third call and we restrict the user from receiving a forth, what should occur? Is there a special message to inform the user and/or yourself?

Let me absorb this information over night and see if I can think of additional use cases.

There should just be something like 3 tries left. Then when user uses all the tries, 0 tries left. I as the admin, should have the option in backend to give them more tries if needed.

EDIT: Instead of giving the user another phone verification option when he makes a bulk purchase, I was wondering if you can just make it so that the order is put to hold (pending verification) and from their account page, just give them a submit form that asks them to submit their ID (upload file type) which then notifies me and lets me see the uploaded file from their order details page in back-end and give me an option to verify the ID which will then put them in a special group so they won't be asked to submit an ID again. Also regarding this, even if user has never submitted his ID (thus never made a bulk purchase), if he purchases more than 5 times on the shop, he should be asked to submit the ID as well. (If this process is too complicated, I may be able to pay a bit more)

I have reviewed your previous post regarding the bulk order and submitting an ID. This does add additional complications, mostly related to safely/securely storing that ID. Assuming your are referring to the drivers license, state photo id or passport, something of that nature.

I would still be interested in creating the phone verification module, plus the customizations we previously discussed (new order status, payment modules changes) within your budget, but I feel I leave myself open to liability concerns by providing a means to capture this secure information.

Well we could work something out so that the picture file is only stored temporarily. (72 hours, etc) I ask for these manually sometimes but really you are just adding an upload option to make things easier for me and part of the automatic system which I would very much need.

• 1 month later...

I have installed Prestashop and need to integrate a local payment module, NO credit card information needed.

A telecom company will be used as the payment gateway.

The payment gateway only requires the buyer/client's NAME and MOBILE PHONE Number for verification against it's database.

After varification, if the NAME and PHONE number match what is in the Gateway's database, the Gateway will alert the said prestashop payment module and the client will be sent an invoice (and sms - optional)

The company has already given me a sample API.

I need help integrating this gateway.

Thank you.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...