djboycey

[SOLVED] Change Store Name

Searched the forums looking for the answer, maybe using the wrong terms!

How do I change my store name from the admin panel?

Thanks, Eddie

Hi djboycey,

To change the name of your store, you will actually need to access your database via phpMyAdmin. In the ps_configuration table, you'll see the PS_SHOP_NAME value. Click on the edit button, and you can change it there.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

• Like 1

In the Prestashop 1.5.4.1 , you need to go o phpmyadmin and edit in table named shop inside your website database.

• Like 2

and what about preferences > store contacts? this is the right way to change shop name

• Like 12

and what about preferences > store contacts? this is the right way to change shop name

thank's Vekia,

u have best answer

Hi djboycey,

To change the name of your store, you will actually need to access your database via phpMyAdmin. In the ps_configuration table, you'll see the PS_SHOP_NAME value. Click on the edit button, and you can change it there.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Hello Vekia and Mike,

i have tried both the options and its not changing the STORE NAME. Please help.

I am using default theme on prestashop 1.6 . I was able to change the STORE EMAIL by editing the "message.php" file located in /tools/swift/Swift/Message.php , line #79

is there similar way to change the STORE NAME as well.

I have a similar issue. I am able to change the store name under 'stores contacts' - but it reverts back to 'My ecommerce' soon after. How can I make this change permarnetly?

hi I just did it Mike Kranzler's way and now when I go to the admin page I get a 404 error...

PLEASE HELP

--- SOLVED ---

For some strange reason my admin folder was renamed and so it was throwing that 404 error

Edited by pxloft (see edit history)

On 8/16/2013 at 11:18 PM, sagaryadav said:

In the Prestashop 1.5.4.1 , you need to go o phpmyadmin and edit in table named shop inside your website database.

Thank you. This actually helped. I have been using a custom template and table named shop did the trick.