Virtual Products Not Available To Download

None of the digital products that are on my website are available for the customerts to download

The history (the items name) is there but the product is not showing in the history for them to click to get the file and if they click the link that my website sends them after ordering then that link is not valid or it attempts to download the getfile.php or something

also the invoise name and address are missing

whats happened?

Image1.jpg

post-13306-0-57385100-1325002078_thumb.jpg

Hi gamejacker,

What version of PrestaShop are you using? And was this feature working previously, or did you just set it up now?

-Mike

PrestaShop™ 1.4.0.17

but i think its been playing up for a while not even sure when it started doing it and i only noticed this while testing something else, maybe its something to do with a theme i put on, not sure i am rubbish at php etc

Hi gamejacker,

I took a look at this for you, and it appears that there is an error in the tbody area of your theme's order-detail.tpl file, which is preventing the download links from properly populating.

Please try to replace that file with the SVN version that you can get here and let me know if that resolves your issue.

Additionally, I noticed an error whenever I try to add a product to my cart directly from the Featured Products section of your home page. This is usually an issue with your hosting provider which should be easily resolved by calling and asking them to enable the missing PHP mbstring module on your server.

Please let me know if this works for you.

-Mike

Hi Mike, i have replaced the file order-detail.tpl from the svn in \prestashop_1.5.0.2\prestashop\themes\default and placed it into my themes folder via ftp

the result now is that i have the name and address ( a fake one i made up) but still no product that part is still blank where the link and info should be

do you have any ideas?

I can give you the ftp account access if you need to view any files

best wishes

hi mike, ok Partial sucess, :) the download link in the email the site sends is now back and working when i click to download the file,

only thing i notice now is in the Order History, if i click the order number to view details, nothing happens

Any ideas?

Image2.jpg

Hi gamejacker,

We took a look at the specific error, and it appears to be a syntax issue in your order-detail.tpl file, likely due to modifications made to your store's theme. Can you please temporarily switch to the default theme via your Back Office to see if it works once we've switched themes?

-Mike

I just tested that it pastes in fine, I also checked by pasting in using the text from a item i previously added with no issue but the alignment is off

Its odd that it would suddenly start happening, and for an item that pasted fine to be doing it now is even more strange

Hi gamejacker,

I'm still looking for the solution, but I believe I have identified the issue. It appears that there is an error either with an open tag or the order of tags in one of your php files (likely history.php). As you can see in this screenshot of the Inspect Element feature on your page, the <tbody> code looks a little different than its <thead> and <tfoot> brothers:

post-276528-0-24871500-1325112076_thumb.png

It will take me some more time to identify the exact location of this error and what needs to be done to resolve it, but in the meantime that can hopefully give you a headstart on investigating it from your end as well.

-Mike

hi Mike, i will replace those files now and will let you know how it goes

resulted in the history block now showing at all

Fatal error: Smarty error: [in /h*****/b*****/we***/b****/ipg.ji******/themes/Earth1.4/history.tpl line 69]: syntax error: unrecognized tag: $link->getPageLink('pdf-invoice', true, NULL, "id_order={$order.id_order (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 446) in /h*****/b*****/we***/b****/ipg.ji******/tools/smarty_v2/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

so i reverted them back to the previous ones i replaced

As I continue to look at this, can you please call your hosting provider and ask them to enable to missing PHP mbstring module? That should resolve the issue I pointed out regarding trying to add a product to your cart directly from the Featured Products area of your home page.

-Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I had the same problem you have.

When a client orders a free virtual product, the status of the order is Payment Accepted. I modified the payment accepted settings and because of that the download link was not showing after a completed order. Check if you have checked the second option in the Paypent Accepted Status. It should be Allow customer to view invoice PDF or something like that. After you check that option, the download product should be visible after the order is complete.

Edited by emagiero (see edit history)