How to dimension server for this projec

Dear all,

I am facing the project of creating a shop using prestashop but I don't know what hosting to choose (shared, VPS, dedicated...). The project does not involve a simple web but a complex customization of prestashop that will be able at first to manage 2000 simultaneous visits per day with many users logged at a time (100). The number of items will be not so high (perhaps 500 as a realistinc maximum).

I had though about a dedicated server but costs are high and I would like to know If I am overstimating needs. Is there any way to calculate hardware needs depending on the number of items, logged users, visits, etc..?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by kankamuso (see edit history)

if you have an existing host and some way to simulate user volume, you could run a baseline test to determine how the default prestashop software handles that load.

Shared hosting is likely not a good candidate for that volume of users, and will be very sporadic as other sites demands go up and down.

If you think the volume would be smaller at first and grow over time, I would suggest going with the shared hosting and monitor usage and response times and upgrade as required