Help! prestashop_1.4.6.2 installation process stuck step 3 (database configuration)

Hi guys,

I need your help!

I have been trying to install latest version prestashop (1.4.6.2) into my web server, it stuck step 3. The database has been verified and connected succesfully, but it doesn't go on to next step and stay in the same page (database configuration page).

installed in the localhost (mamp and wamp) has no problem.

I could installed it successfully before in the same web server host, but no anymore for second installation.

I have been trying re-do and re-create new databases...still no luck!

or i think it maybe something to do with the "Allowed to open external URLs" since it shows disabled red cross

any of your help will be greatly appreciated. thanks!

yulun

Hi yulun,

On Step 3 of the process, are you trying to send yourself a test email at the bottom of that page? That step can sometimes cause an issue depending on your configuration (both server and email provider), so you may want to try to do it again without trying that option and let me know if that resolves your issue.

-Mike

Hi MIke,

thanks for your help!

I didn't do the test email, and i did try to do it again, the problem is still the same!

can it be something to do with the "Allowed to open external URLs" disabled? or OS (im using the mac osx, before was windows 7).

Yulun

I have been dealing with this same issue for a week now. My host is no help at all resolving this issue. After investigating HostGator at Mikes recommendation, I found that they are a much better host and it looks like it might even be a better price than I was paying. And I'm talking about the Business Plan. An IT buddy of mine is moving his stuff to HostGator now that I told him about it!!

Yep, I think HostGator rocks!!

Thanks

Danny

• Like 1

Hey Everyone

I just wanted to let everyone that has been following this thread know. MY PROBLEMS IS SOLVED. I moved to HostGator and it took all of 30 to 45 seconds to install and login to my PrestaShop admin. Just answer a few questions and press a button and they create the db's and everything, just click and it was DONE!!!!

HostGator ROCKS!!!!

Thanks

Danny

Sure.....here you go...

Hi stickees,

That is strange, because when you verify your database settings you are also creating a new db for this installation (the default value is ps_). In this situation, I would recommend that you call your hosting provider and ask them what may be causing this issue. Additionally, I would suggest that you try not sending yourself a test email or creating an email configuration, because as the warning states, any issues with the email could prevent you from completing the installation.

-Mike

Hi Mike

Dont think something need to be done on the script itself since many users faced same problem in different hosting providers

Yes, but at the same time many smaller hosting providers have limitations that can affect installation, which is why we ask that you start off by contacting your host directly, if only so that we can eliminate that as a possibility for why you are encountering these issues.

If you check an earlier post on this thread, just changing to another hosting provider better suited to PrestaShop resolved this for a user with the exact same issue.

If you have any additional questions about this, please let me know.

-Mike

Hi Mike

Hosting Provider saying there is no problem with server configuration.

Hi Marwan,

What did they say specifically? I ran a search through our forums and it appears that this is the first post ever even mentioning AccuWebHosting, so I personally don't really know much about them or their services.

-Mike

First time I install on my hosting provider (KLHost) which running on Windows hitting the same error. But when they prepare a temporary server running on linux for me, no more error during my first time installation. Now I'm dropping the tables and upload back the presta and to do the installation again from scratch. Will let you know the status once done.

Second time installation successful. Re-upload the application, drop and create database from scratch.

Mike, do you think the OS is one of the factor. Previously I'm facing the similar situation on other application not able to run certain platform. Since PrestaShop is written in PHP and it best run on Linux. But then it raise another question. My sandbox application is Windows platform.

Hi Mike,

I tried to install Prestashop locally on Wampsertver 2.2 and the installation stops at page 3, after the test of the Db and the creation of all the db tables. The test on the database is successful, but then, when I try to go to the next step, it stops on the same page. I checked the db and all the tables have been created by the installation procedure.

Tx,

Lorenzino

Second time installation successful. Re-upload the application, drop and create database from scratch.

Mike, do you think the OS is one of the factor. Previously I'm facing the similar situation on other application not able to run certain platform. Since PrestaShop is written in PHP and it best run on Linux. But then it raise another question. My sandbox application is Windows platform.

Hi hmszam,

First of all, I'm glad you were able to get this up and running! That is the most important thing. As for the OS, it shouldn't be much of an issue. Right now, I have PrestaShop running on Windows, Mac and WAMP on different machines with no issues, sometimes there is just a small error at some point in the installation process. But regardless of what may or may not have happened the first time around, welcome to PrestaShop!

-Mike

Hi stickees,

I'm glad you were able to get this working! What did you end up doing to fix it on your site?

And as for changing the home page, if you access your site via FTP, you'll see that all of your files are currently stored in the PrestaShop folder. If you move them from there to the root of your site, that should resolve this for you.

I hope this helps, and Happy New Year!

-Mike