Make a category or product viewable only to certain countries

Hi I have searched for severals hours but not yet found a solution to my problem.

I have a website which sells products to the UK and Europe.

I'm currently loading some new products into the store but i don't want them to be purchased by European customers only customers from the UK.

Is there a way to hide the category or product from European customers?

The only other way i can think is to put a message on each product description stating only UK delivery, but this wouldn't physically stop a euopean customer from purchasing. Ideally i want to hide the product/ category from them completely.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I am using Presta shop 1.4.4.1

Matt

• 2 months later...

i don't think there is anything in the core functionality, but you could try something like this.

prestashop has the geo location feature in the preferences. if you turn that on, prestashop should identify the customers location based on their ip address.

so then you could alter the block categories, or product/category controllers to use the geolocation information to restrict the purchase.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

it's old i know but even in 2020 this feature would be nice to have. And if you ask me, using GEO location for this is quite bad habbit as it's not about where the customer is but where he wants to send the goods to. He could want to order the products to his home while being abroad, should be possible but geo location would prevent that. The only correct way to do this is by looking at the countries set in the adresses of the user, not geolocation.

Edited by oliiix (see edit history)

One way you might achieve this is with product categories and customer groups.
I suppose it depends how many items are being set.
A product category for UK could be created and a UK customer group could be created and set as the only group that the category is available to.