Blank Back Office after Install

After trouble with installing the system (on localhost with all the right requirements) I removed it completely and started over. After logging in (finally) I get a blank screen (AS IN TOTALLY WHITE, AND NO CODE IN THE PAGE - USING VIEW SOURCE)

How am I supposed to take this system serious and actually build webshops for clients when simply installing it is such a nightmare.

I say: Roll your own.

Hi svdelle,

There are two potential issues here:

First of all, you can run into this issue if you're not using the correct version of PHP.

But since you say you've got all the right requirements, this is likely a permissions issue in your FTP. Please check to see what you have set as your current permissions.

Alternatively, if neither of these suggestions work, you can always open your /config/config.inc.php file and set "display errors" to "on" in order to identify any error messages when you reload your page.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if this works for you.

-Mike

That's what I already did. And because I'm asked to rename my admin folder to some other random name (i.e. admin123), I get a redirect error stating that no such directory (/admin) exists. Well, of course not: I just renamed the damn thing!

And this is not an FTP issue, as I'm on a localhost - which scares me even more, as I'm in control of that environment. And even then this 'system' gives me this kind of trouble - not a good choice for a professional e-commerce solution, if you ask me.

And by the way - what kind of a lame step is it to rename the admin folder in the first place? Security can't be it, as it would be way to easy to hack. It seems it's a bad excuse for not having made the system itself secure enough.

I'm already on to other systems, though.