[SOLVED] Cart/check out stops working after disabling languages

etrfl

As the title says, if I disable languages that are not the shop default, the cart and check out process will stop working.

I have poked around the settings and I can't find anything that would cause this. I have searched around the forums but I can't find anything either. Thanks in advance for your help.

By the way, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic in my previous post. I really appreciate it Mike. I will reactivate the languages now. I wonder if this is why I have so many broken links in Webmaster Tools, even though I click on the said broken link in GWMT and it works.

By the way, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic in my previous post. I really appreciate it Mike. I will reactivate the languages now. I wonder if this is why I have so many broken links in Webmaster Tools, even though I click on the said broken link in GWMT and it works.

Don't worry, it didn't come off that way (at least not for me :P ). In order to make sure we do this properly, I am going to sit down with a developer this afternoon to look more deeply into this to determine what exactly is causing you these issues. I will let you know as soon as I have any more information.

-Mike

Hi etrfl,

Go ahead and take a look at your shop again when you get a chance. There were multiple errors that appear to have been due to your custom theme, so we switched back to the default, made a couple changes in the settings and tested it out, and it seems to be fine now. Can you please confirm this for us?

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks very much for your effort but unfortunately I still get 404 errors for cart/login. I also can't add product images. My test server at the house works as intended. It is on Apache/php5 as well as my live server which is hosted through GoDaddy. I am tempted to purchase a temp hostgator account and move stuff there as a test.

PS - with default theme too

-Eric

PPS - May I also ask what changes you had to make in the theme?

Hi Eric,

We tested the entire checkout progress here last night and it worked fine on our end. However, I see that for some reason it is not working properly this morning so we'll take a look at it again for you. The changes we made were mainly in the Preferences > Performance section of your Back Office because there were multiple Javascript errors. And as I said, we also reverted to the default theme because your custom theme created some major compatibility issues that gave your shop no chance of working, honestly.

I'll let you know once we've taken a look at this again.

-Mike

Not trying to argue here, but the site has worked fine for 3 months on GoDaddy and still works fine on my home server. Also as far as the custom theme, there were really no changes except header background images (not really sure because it was so long ago). As far as javascript no changes except for the carousel module which doesn't throw any errors on my machine.

I will continue to investigate hostgator.

Sorry to take up so much of your time!

EDIT: Once again I have to thank you guys, your support on this issue has been wonderful!

Hi etrfl,

I just took a look at this with the original creator of PrestaShop (who also looked at it with me yesterday evening) and it appears that your ordercontroller.php file has been moved or altered. Have you made any changes or edits to your site since last night?

We confirmed that what was working last night is no longer working, so we're just trying to determine what may have caused this.

-Mike

Mike,

All I did last night was to try each theme and try adding images to products with each theme. I am pretty sure I did not use ftp access to try moving anything...had to step away last night and take a break so I didn't mess anything else up.

Thanks,

Eric

Hey Mike,

Is it possible there are other files missing which is why I lost the ability to add product images?

Thanks,

Eric

Potentially, although I can't say for sure until we compare the files one by one tomorrow. We'll compare it to the SVN and some test sites and let you know what we find.

-Mike

Well HostGator has not worked out so well. If I import the database - none of the css for the back office is being loaded. On top of that, even if I change the domain name in Preferences -> SEO -> it still redirects me to saltyhabits.com. If I do a fresh install of ps than back office displays right.

Mike,

First thing, Happy Thanksgiving and thank you so much for your help! I managed to get the shop back to somewhat normal. I still have the issues of not being able to add images to products and not being able to disable languages. Let's reset. My most important issue is not being able to add product images. Where do we want to go from here? You had mentioned setting me up with a member from the support team.

Here is some info over the last two days:

With HostGator - if I try to import a database, the back office does not get displayed properly. If I do a fresh install then everything in the back office works correctly but the store is always forwarded to www.saltyhabits.com, why? I have no idea.

With GoDaddy - my previous install we know the issues. If I try a fresh install with 1.4.5.1, I can't add product images, nor can I change header images, invoice images, etc., etc. If I try 1.4.6.1, on install it says missing temporary folder during configuring shop.

My home server: Everything works perfect! All the way around!

Hi etrfl,

Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes! I'm still recovering from the feast and am a little under the weather (next time, I probably shouldn't allow a sick family member to prepare the meal :unsure:) but I'm here to help.

As I mentioned earlier, since this is obviously creating some strange issues for you, I would be more than happy to set up a call with our support team, please just let me know if you would like to go down that route.

-Mike

Hey Mike,

Sorry for the delay, I have three projects going on. I wanted to thank you again for all your help. I got everything working with hostgator so I am going to switch. Not sure what happened with GoDaddy, but identical installs work fin on my home server and HostGator. Anyway, thanks again for your help it was A+.

-Eric

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem mike. After having too much duplicates created by the fr lang i just disabled it and everything went wrong. I can't check out out and can' login as a customer. All things are just messed up. I need a big help from you guys .

Please help me on this

My site is www.kathmanduclothing.com

and mail is [email protected]