Validate email on registration

davers44

Hi guys,

I noticed that a good number of my customers fill wrong email on registration.

So I get many message of mail delivery failure and need to wait until the customers realized they filled a wrong email and contact me to get the order.

Any tip how to include a email validation on registration?

Thanks!

I had posted about this before but never got a reply to it.

So I decided to add a mandatory phone number field until such times as an email verification solution came along. At least this way there's a good chance the phone number is entered correctly and a can make a follow up call.

If this interests you I used just the phone number part of the modification in post #6 HERE

There are 2 files to edit and 4 files per language you use.

sorry I replied to the first post:

Now you can adapt it.

I do apologise. It is me that has misread the original post. :wacko:

Edit: Actually this module still doesn't help. If the customer inputs the wrong email address he/she wouldn't receive the account validation email either.

• 3 weeks later...

Dave L, I think you are right.

A post validation sure can help but most of the time the email is simply a mistype that leads to a non existent email as I get notice from the mail server immediatly. Post validation could also complicate the registration process.

It should be nice if PS simply returns the customer an error if the email is non existent before he get the the next registration step. Unfortunately I am not able to make such mod, maybe we should vote it as a new feature in prestaforge.

• 2 months later...