HELP: Free virtual product-download creates UNWANTED pdf bill!

rassy

Hi guys,

Scenario

I am offering free (=$0.00) virtual product downloads to my visitors - of course I want to collect their Email data before giving away free give-aways. So the download-person has to register thru prestashop authentification and then the problem occurs:

The problem: Prestashop creates a new PDF invoice for each free product-download.

My questions are:

1) How do I make prestashop NOT generate a new PDF bill for a free virtual-product download????

2) Which classes do I have to look at?

3) Can you guys recommend a module I could use to make this work?

Thanks for your tips

Rassy

Hi guys,

the basic question is:

How do I make prestashop to take the customer details, save the new customer as a customer AND then just send him over the download link by e-mail....

Steps

1) Take Customer Data / LOGIN

2) If free virtual-product > just send generate the email link to the download and DO NOT generate a pdf invoice

Is Step 2 where the problem lies? Does a virtual download need to have an order assiciated?

Oh damn... I would be really thankful for some tips

Kind regards

Rassy

• 7 months later...

It's really not a 'bill' but probably a payment accepted invoice with a 0.00 amount. If you wanted to stop all emails including amount's > 0.00 then you could turn off the email notification:

07.02.2012-20.32.26.png

http://screencast.com/t/3IkWKfRLEXn

If you wanted to not send the pdf invoice for only 0.00 then you will need to either modify the code yourself and find someone that will do it for you. You could post in the jobs/offers or contact PrestaShop and they will assign you a kick butt developer.