I can´t login in

Hi!!!

I recently installed on my system:

PHP 5.0.4

Remote Database Mysql 5.2.3

prestashop, but when installation is finished and i trying to log in prestashop the page reload itself and nothing happens, nor do any error messages appear.

In error_log nothing....

I have read the post:

http://www.prestashop.com/forum/index.php/topic,652.0.html

But the version installed is => 0.9.7

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

I'm afraid I'm using the same version of Prestashop but PHP 5.2.5 and MySQL 5.0.45

Next peice of helpful advice?

It is passing login.php without error, it hits index.php and bounces back to login... (initiated by header.inc.php)

if (!$cookie->isLoggedBack())

Tools::redirectLink('login.php'.$url_redirect); is what causes it to bounce back despite succesful login. So I'm assuming something is wrong in the cookie class.

Regards

I've just installed prestashop on my test server and i have the same problem. I can't login in the backoffice nor in the frontoffice.

Nothing on the logs, no error displayed (on the backoffice) and in the frontoffice it tells me "authentication failed"

PHP: 5.2.5

MySQL: 5.0.51a

Apache: 2.2.28

Any special requirements about the compilation of php that aren't on the requirements page?

Aaah mine doesn't say authentication failed unless I enter the wrong details... mine just goes back to the login page...

Have you tried the password reminder link? It might be worth trying as it sounds like you're using an old password.

Meanwhile, I'm afraid I've found another, better cart which works out of the box (and they offer a PHP4 version) I'm afraid you've lost a potential investor prestashop.

Aaah mine doesn't say authentication failed unless I enter the wrong details... mine just goes back to the login page...

Have you tried the password reminder link? It might be worth trying as it sounds like you're using an old password.

Meanwhile, I'm afraid I've found another, better cart which works out of the box (and they offer a PHP4 version) I'm afraid you've lost a potential investor prestashop.

Care to share what that other software is ? :)

I searched the internet for about two months before I found a suitable eCommerce solution: PrestaShop. If you haven't been able to login, I can understand your affinity to go with another product, but if you have actually been able to see what this software can do, I highly doubt that you have found a better product. ;) It really is the best out there. Also, why would you need PHP4?! An outdated codebase can only run one thing well: outdated software. 

Prestashop works out of the box and has the best interface and functions around. I would be interested in seeing the solution that you view as "better".

PS: I don't think they are looking for "Investor"s.

Then I recommend you look at magento... (not the best or the most complete (or the one I've eventually chosen), but certainly worth a look)

I agree in theory about PHP4, but there are many good hosting accounts which don't yet support the higher versions of PHP5 (still) due to upgrade complications.

I want a package which:

a) works straight away as promised

Prestashop I'm afraid doesn't

B) Has good support from staff and/or forum members

Again, Prestashop doesn't. (so far I've had a few people with the same problem and one telling me I obviously can't see the benefits... which is obviously true as I can't get it working on a bog standard hosting (WAMP) out of the box.

I like Prestashop's features, it's simple for the end users, the smarty template system is one I'm all familiar with and the instant seo urls... fantastic. The coding is well structured (as I found out while searching for the problem) but I really haven't got the time to spend debugging one problem only to find out there are others.

As for the investor comment, I apologise as I didn't intend to come accross as the snob of the forum. I'm running a web marketing business in the UK and work for clients and resellers accross Europe. I have 16-18 ecommerce jobs going at any one time with 4 week deadlines and while many require bespoke carts for multiple pricing structures and weird product optioins, I wanted a good alternative to oscommerce for the standard shops. (osc is powerful but very messy for the end user.) Now because of the sort of money I would be making from any given os project, I would be looking to pass a fair percentage back to the developers to keep the project(s) going strong.

Sorry, as an additional comment, the number of fairly serious bugs that have cropped up in this month alone worries me. I appreciate that Prestashop isn't to version 1 yet and I will certainly look at again in the future, but for my uses, it's not quite ready for a real launch and should possibly be reverted to beta stage.

I agree with your statements for the most part. For a simple shop, PrestaShop DOES excel beyond all others; but it is still in a beta stage for sure.  As for 'working out of the box', that is EXACTLY what Prestashop does so well. I had it running in 10 minutes (excluding the file upload, of course).  Obviously your hosting plan is the problem, not PrestaShop, because I have had none of the problems that you have pointed out.

In case you wanted to see my sample, (running in 10 minutes, template edited in 10 minutes), http://Ox40.us/tennies is the url.

I have encountered this login problem on two occasions. I run Firefox and had a look at cookies. In both instances there were residual cookies after leaving the program having first logged out. In both instances I deleted the cookies and was able to login ok. I didnt look at error logs as they have not been set up yet on the host I am using.

I loaded prestashop onto my desktop running the necessary apache, php and mysql version I downloaded in 'vertrigo'.

It has run flawlessly in that environment. I do all my mods on this setup and if okay transfer the change to my live environment. The only 'bug' I have recently come across is lack of order detail when accessing the order history. This may have been caused by me or a true bug. When I have the error log data I will be in a better position to comment.

Otherwise pretashop has given no headaches.

Hi everyone!

Hi!!!

I recently installed on my system:

PHP 5.0.4

Remote Database Mysql 5.2.3

prestashop, but when installation is finished and i trying to log in prestashop the page reload itself and nothing happens, nor do any error messages appear.

In error_log nothing....

I have read the post:

http://www.prestashop.com/forum/index.php/topic,652.0.html

But the version installed is => 0.9.7

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Lot of login bugs have been fixed for the v1.0 RC 1 :D

Could you report us if the lastest release fix your login problem please?

RC 1

PHP Version 5.2.5

MySQL 5.0.45

Still no joy with logging in I'm afraid.

I'm now stuck, alternative turns out as incomplete... Seems to be bug free but with placeholding functionality and not all the dots are joined... I refuse to go back to osCommerce, so PLEASE help with this login problem :( I don't want to have to write one from scratch!

Are there any PHP.INI settings which need to be on or off?

Regards

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem a minute ago, but fixed. follow the following steps:

open my-account.php

simply replace the original code with the following code, then it should work:

<?php

include(dirname(__FILE__).'/config/config.inc.php');
include(dirname(__FILE__).'/header.php');

if (!$cookie->isLogged())
{
    Tools::redirect('authentication.php?back=my-account.php');
}
else
{
$smarty->assign('voucherAllowed', Configuration::get('PS_VOUCHERS'));
$smarty->display(_PS_THEME_DIR_.'my-account.tpl');
include(dirname(__FILE__).'/footer.php');
}

?>

Hi,

goformore, I don't understand the fix you did to your file, no changes from before.

slicksps, can you please contact me by email, private message, or MSN ? (look at my profile).

I'll need you to provide me with:

- URL of your web site

- URL of your Back Office (and username/password)

- URL of your FTP (and username/password)

In this way I could help you to identify the source of the problem and fix it.

it looks like the problem is not in the code.

when I use a domain name forward, it automatically contains the webpages in an iframe, so the $_GET would not work, so make sure that your url is looking like

../authentication.php?back=my-account.php