Installing two modules of the same type at one hook ?

I need two blocks of categories side by side, such as

category 1 category 5

category 2 category 6

category 3 category 7

category 4 category 8

I thought of using two instances of the julien breux horizontal menu and styling it as two blocks side by side.

I described it above. I need to separate blocks of categories side by side. The julien breux menu has the option to add specific categories or links to the menu, exactly what I need. But I need to separate blocks in the header of the page, i.e. two menu modules. It is not THAT extraordinary, is it? anyway, does anybody know if this would be possible? If so, what do I have to do? Thanks all :)

Hardcoding would be the last resort. Thought of trying it via CSS by giving the li tags of the menu a fix width of half of the width of the enclosing ul. This would allow two li tags side by side. By now it's theory only ... will have to try it out.

Hardcoding would be the last resort. Thought of trying it via CSS by giving the li tags of the menu a fix width of half of the width of the enclosing ul. This would allow two li tags side by side. By now it's theory only ... will have to try it out.

Based on the example you gave....I believe hard coding it is going to be your only choice. If you find another solution I would be interested to hear what it is.

Thanks!

Marty Shue

Based on the example you gave....I believe hard coding it is going to be your only choice. If you find another solution I would be interested to hear what it is.

Thanks!

Marty Shue

I've got it working with css. I have used the jbx_menu and gave the enclosing ul a width of 500px.

I gave the ul li tags a width of 250px, thus the li-tags are floating side by side, two in a row

2vcyx5x.png

Hi Mike, yes, I have read the suggestions on linkedin and duplicating a module seems to be a good solution. In the beginning I found it a bit irritating that it was not possible to use a module twice at the same hook (I am afraid I am spoilt by wordpress). But I understand that each system is different and as long as there is a way I can live with it and I really like prestashop for its many advantages.

• 1 year later...