Newbie installation problem

Hi all, i apologize if this subject has been covered in another thread, i have read through many posts but my difficulty lies in not knowing what the issue is, meaning i am uncertain as to where i should be looking.

i followed the step by step process in the PDF, all seems well until i visit the /install on my host and get presented with the page source. just html all the way down.

I assumed perhaps my host did not allow prestashop but after a quick google search i could see other users having success with 1-2-3 REG hosting.

i tried removing the files from my host and uploading again but still i am presented with just html.

Any idea what i may be doing wrong?

Again i am sorry if this is posted in the wrong area, thank you in advance for your help.

Liam

Unfortunately no it didn't resolve the issue, i tried looking for a better guide and stumbled on this one http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS14/Getting+Started

i got to "creating a database for your online shop" & MySQL and thats where i became lost, i believe maybe my computer skills arnt quite good enough to complete this installation.

Thank you for your time and patience

Regards

Liam

Hi S0LV3NT,

Unfortunately, even hosting services that advertise themselves as extremely simple and easy to use aren't exactly as simple as they claim. Based on those instructions, I won't deny that I felt overwhelmed as well. However, the truth is much simpler than that. Go to the Web Hosting section of the 123-Reg control panel and click "manage." At the bottom of the following page there should an option to Manage Database. Click on that, and from there you should be able to create your PrestaShop database using our instructions.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Mike