Windows Hosting - Good Idea?

Hi,

After upgrading to the latest version of prestashop i have noticed that a few modules no longer work and from what i can tell this is something to do with access levels provided my the hosting company i.e. 777 or 555, if i'm honest i have no idea what it's talking about and more reseach is need about this stuff by me.

Any way long story short i want to move the site, now i can get a good deal with a company who provide windows hosting and i have afew questions before i jump;

First is it a good idea in general?

Any ideas on performance, is windows better than apache?

Will i be able to use Friendly URL like before?

If any one has an experiences would be great to here also if anyone has any recommendations of which hosting company to use then feel free to add your input.

I've just moved from IIS to an Apache on this weekend. I was working with it for about 7 month. It's not a good idea. Windows-Servers has too many problems on rights, which are not set on files, but on the first Server instance... I will not recommend at all, although presta runs on IIS... It is only really for professionals knowing IIS-Structure very well...

Performance was really bad on the IIS. Perhaps it was misconfigured. One friend was managing this, cause I'm a nooby on server things..