Help - Reinstall nightmare :(

Hello to all

firstly ill never criticise PS as its amazing!

But ready to burst into tears as spent last 15 hours on reinstall from PS 1.2 to 1.4.0 and tried updating my them and it is not letting me

my shop is http://shop.futuremindtraining.co.uk

and everytime i try and click a link now it just goes back to

http://shop.futuremindtraining.co.uk/category.php

unless im missing something? or could the theme be out of date?

Other options are if anybody could recommend a theme close to the same and easy to install

the origional reson i swapped was trying to install ssl and this annoying box came up on IE and made my site look dodgy

Lots of questions sorry for the blab just having a day where i want to hide for a bit :)

I think you will find that your 1.2 theme is not compatible with 1.4+.

Did you try using the default theme that came with your 1.4 install to see if your site was functioning correctly?

There are quite a few free themes available in the Theme section. Don't know if any are similar as your site is not available.

Hi ,

thank you for the reply, after trying to cut my head off with a paperclip in frustration i came to the same conclusion and doing a full reinstall and found a beutiful new template called alternative, perfect, another great gift from PS

Do you know how i could gain access to all of my old product listings without having to retype them all up again?

I'm pleased you have manage to maintain a sense of humour with it all.

If you made a backup of your previous installation I personally think the upgrade method is still the best option.

It's very easy to lose your way a little with the process but if you take your time and follow either the written or video guide you shouldn't have any problems.

I agree the free presatashop_alt theme is really nice if a 2-colums layout meets your needs. I have used this on a couple of stores with a few tweaks here and there on the colour scheme.

Good luck.

hi,

sorry i may be a little lost on the reupload

i totally reinstalled my shop and have backups of all info on HD, the old them crashes and doesnt look as good as alt, so very happy to change :)

what do i need to do to reupload all of my product listings from old shop onto new one, is it easy?

hwat would the steps be? thanks my friend :)

ps i see your in Thialand? im coming over in December - cant wait to visit your country

P

Yes, I'm in Thailand but it's not my country, I'm from the UK. I'm sure you'll have a great time here.

First thing to do is download a copy of the 1.4 upgrade guide. You can find a download link in a post by rocky HERE

As you already have your old site downloaded you can save some time.

Just create a directory on your server called /prestashop and upload.

On your local PC unzip the latest version of prestashop (V1.4.4.1)

Open your old prestashop directory and transfer from your old to your new, all the folders and files as described in the upgrade guide.

Don't forget the step regarding the settings file in old /config directory and edit the file to reflect your database name, user name and password as well as the location for your shop (either / or /prastashop)

Double check what you have just done, have a coffee break and come back and check again with a fresh mind.

Upload the newly merged set of folders/files to your server. Start the upgrade by visiting mystore/install/index.php

While there are other ways of importing your old prestashop to your new one I think the standard upgrade process is by far the easiest way forward.

When it comes to installing the prestashop_alt theme, or any other theme for that matter, my personal preference is to do a manual upload of the folder/files rather than use prestashops' built in installer. It saves me a lot of hassle later regarding ownership of folders/files and permissions.

Good luck.

Hi buddy

I think i must have offended God somewhere as its a hard task,

I have done all the steps, and on my 17th reinstall and now just trying to install it is a no go, i keep getting hack attempt on stage 3 of the install, and when i have been using the prestashop alt theme with the ssl and friendly url it disconnects the account block.

Its been a week solid now and still at sq 1 , when i installed it the first time round, it took me a couple of hours, no idea whats going on now at all

Just reinstalling again :(