Long titles on products

FireHawk

Hi,

I have some long titles for some products that when displayed will only show so many characters and then end with ...

You can see it on my homepage with the featured products. The whole title wont show and i feel this puts buyers off as they have to open it up to see if the advert will suit there vehicle year.

It would be nice if it was possible to force PS to make the whole title visable.

Is there a way to do this at all?

If not, would PS look into making this a feature choice?

Cheers

Hi,

I have some long titles for some products that when displayed will only show so many characters and then end with ...

You can see it on my homepage with the featured products. The whole title wont show and i feel this puts buyers off as they have to open it up to see if the advert will suit there vehicle year.

It would be nice if it was possible to force PS to make the whole title visable.

Is there a way to do this at all?

If not, would PS look into making this a feature choice?

Cheers

Yes, there is a way to do this. Open homefeatured.tpl. In that file edit the following line:

<h5><a href="{$product.link}" title="{$product.name|truncate:32:'...'|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">{$product.name|truncate:27:'...'|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</a></h5>

You can either remove "trunate:27'...'" or you may change 27 to a larger number. Your call.

Hope this helps!

Marty Shue

Hi,

Thanks for the tip.

Tried making it to 50 and nothing changed. It still cuts the title of the product off.

It also affects pages within the catagories, not just the home featured page.

Not sure how much to remove from the line. I removed... truncate:27:'...'| and this had no affect either.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Did you check "Force Compile" under "Preference>>Performance"? After saving, refresh your site to see difference.

FANTASTIC. that's the solution! Thank you! :D I searched high and low for an answer, and this was IT!

I think a lot of ppl have this problem too...

Hey,

Just done the force compile and refreshed and it works....ish.

The full titles appear but they go over the top of the short description making it look messy and not finished properly.

Is there a way to stop that happening?

Also, this is just for the home page. Is there another file that is basically the same steps to do this for all products within the catagories pages?

Thanks for that..

Is there a way though of stopping long titles being shown on top of the short descriptions?

If i extend the available characters in these files it works that the title is shown in full but it goes over the top of the short description making it look very messy and obviously not right.

I'll leave my homepage set so you can see exactly what happens...

www.qtmdirect2u.co.uk

Cheers

Chris

• 2 years later...