Thoughts and critic on new site design!

robkwal

Hi robkwal,

Two things I noticed:

First of all, I like the green background on most of your site much better than the white background on your home page.

And secondly, it appears that most of the images in your home page slider have broken links and don't show up.

-Mike

Thats interesting as the white bg is what I am considering changing to, the green is my current (I think some have the links have directed you to this unintentionally).

Hi robkwal,

Something else I noticed is that I think a lot of your text is way too big. For example, in your slider, the text for Greengrocer's Fayre is actually partially covered by the biscuit because it takes up so much place.

You also may want to minimize the font sizes at the bottom. If necessary, it's better to add a little more content than to just enlarge what you have already.

And in the Back Office, you should probably go into Preferences > Performance and uncheck "Use CCC for CSS" to move the Add to Cart block up near the top of the page.

-Mike

Hi robkwal,

Something else I noticed is that I think a lot of your text is way too big. For example, in your slider, the text for Greengrocer's Fayre is actually partially covered by the biscuit because it takes up so much place.

You also may want to minimize the font sizes at the bottom. If necessary, it's better to add a little more content than to just enlarge what you have already.

And in the Back Office, you should probably go into Preferences > Performance and uncheck "Use CCC for CSS" to move the Add to Cart block up near the top of the page.

-Mike

Thanks for your input once again, I have now changed the font family and size (what do you think?). Also this box is already unchecked, so I will look into this problem what browser are you using?!

Thanks for your input once again, I have now changed the font family and size (what do you think?). Also this box is already unchecked, so I will look into this problem what browser are you using?!

I know you're looking to hear from anyone else but me, but I just wanted to let you know that the text looks MUCH better. I'm still really not a fan of the white, and while the teal may be too much in the other direction, I think you should look into some other background for your page.

-Mike

I know you're looking to hear from anyone else but me, but I just wanted to let you know that the text looks MUCH better. I'm still really not a fan of the white, and while the teal may be too much in the other direction, I think you should look into some other background for your page.

-Mike

I will keep playing around with the background, glad the text is an improvement. I am happy to hear from anyone, I see there's plenty of people asking for feedback, but not so quick to give it unfortunately!

I have to agree on the background - it makes the shop feel too.. serious and stale. And I don't hope that's what you want to advertise your product as

No, no I don't. I am looking into this issue with the background! Thanks for you feedback!

COME ON GUYS STILL LOOKING FOR MORE GOOD OR BAD!?!?!?

Ok... I will give you my first thought when I look at it.

It looks a bit to white to me. And that is not because of the white background, I like the clean look of it.

I think you need a bit more images to bring your product to life. Now it is only big white spaces with typo.

And your typo seems slightly out of order comparing to the logo's typo.

But overal it is a very nice cleanlooking shop. Makes me feel like eating a cookie!

Clean and simple however it took ages to load. Alex ranking not currently properly ranked at to be honest there is one very bad review on your site. http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/mrswalton.co.uk# in noticed. Don't take it the wrong way just being helpfull. It is probably your hosting that is slow. Check with your hosting as alexa and ranking like google will penalise you for it.

I hope i havent offended you. It is me simply being helpfull.

Good one! Just wanted to post that I like your headers better then the logo :-)

Now I see you changed the logo.

Thanks, yeah just changed the logo, just in the process of creating a logo/icon to sit by it similar to that of the menu icons thought it might compliment that! Also added the featured ribbon on the home page, and in the process of taking more pics of the biscuits boxed to add alongside the current images!

Hi robkwal,

i had a quick look at your webpage and it took me some time to find out what your webpage is about. Sure, you are selling Cookies - but for dogs... Maybe you can add a pic of a dog or soemthing like that.

I also miss some colour. Try it with light colourrs maybe like a loghter yellow, green or even grey.

I like the way how the cookie is added to the cart.

Have nice day

Silke

• 2 weeks later...