Is my site slow or is it just me?

spin6

My prestashop pages are really slow. Sometimes it takes 20 or 30 seconds to progress to the next page. Any ideas why this is? Maybe it has something to do w/ my computer or internet, but I dont think so because my internet is 20mps and my computer isn't that old. Please let me know what you find and if you have any thoughts on the speed and/or design of the site. Thanks guys!

My site is www.HVTVmounts.com/shop

Hi,

Just had a look. Most of the site loads quickly. The slider takes a few more seconds to load. You could speed this up by reducing the quality of the image a bit. Also the facebook module on the left takes quite a while to load. Not sure what to suggest to improve that maybe just replace with a facebook like button.

Best regards,

Tim

Hi spin,

5 minutes ago, I'd never even heard of this sort of product. Now, I NEED it!

Oh wait, we're talking about loading times? We had no issues over here as we clustered around checking this out. Your main website is beautiful, but I agree with wolfstores, the Facebook module seems really out of place compared to everything else.

-Mike

Thanks for the responses, but I am very surprised and confused by the fact that my site loads quickly for you guys... Often it takes 15 to 30 seconds to load for me. My internet speed tests at 12 Mbps Download / 2 Mbps Upload so that wouldn't be it would it? But sometimes it's fast. Same with the back-end.

I did notice that most of the time is spent "waiting for www.hvtvmounts.com..." What does that mean? Is that unrelated to prestashop?

I re-sized many of my images today. Thanks for the advise.

Hi spin,

5 minutes ago, I'd never even heard of this sort of product. Now, I NEED it!

Oh wait, we're talking about loading times? We had no issues over here as we clustered around checking this out. Your main website is beautiful, but I agree with wolfstores, the Facebook module seems really out of place compared to everything else.

-Mike

Hey Mike, Thanks for the complement. Any recommendations on a free Facebook module that adds a "like" button? I'd like to remove the one that is there and add a simple one that doesn't show the faces. The one that i use now doesn't seem to work all the time either