Stuck at System Configuration

Hello,

I am getting stuck on the system configuration step. I input my database info, the database connects, the test e-mail sends through fine, but when I hit "Next" to go to Shop Configuration, nothing happens. I've let it sit there for a half hour now and no change.

Tried again and now I get:

Can't create settings file, if /config/settings.inc.php exists, please give the public write permissions to this file, else please create a file named settings.inc.php in config directory.

The settings.inc.php is there and it has the write permissions. Deleted and re-created the file - no change.

Hi Imperial,

We've had several members with this issue suggest that you uncheck "Receive Notifications by Email." This is a bug we are investigating, but if you uncheck that option for the time being you should be able to continue with the installation.

-Mike

I'm having the same issue on install. Mike, you instruct to "uncheck the receive notifications by email" radio button - but that is in Step 4...and Imperial and I are stuck on Step 2. So this does nothing to fix the problem we're having.

It seems that with so many people in the forum having this issue, there would be an appropriate solution - and in my opinion, the problem is with the jquery/ajax installation app (indicated with the spinning circle upon clicking the 'next' button).