[Solved] Images Not Posting

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have the same problem. Recently upgraded to 1.4.4 from 1.4.25 and switched to the new img file system. I have also set legacy image filesystem to NO and regenerated .htaccess. At first I thought everything was ok but now realise that any new images uploaded do not appear in FO.

After a bit of digging I realised the the new images were being uploaded into the img>p folder rather than the correct subfolder. Also the filenames are weird. For example a product with id 139 is called 139-187-img.jpg rather than just 139-img.jpg. Even weirder when I look in the directory img>p>1>3>9 there is already images in there for another product that does not have an id 139! The problem therefore seems to be with the transfer from the old system to the new i.e the images were not put into the correct directories.

The only way I can get around the problem is manually changing the file name (eg 187-img.jpeg) and move the images to the img>p>1>8>7 directory, even though this is not the correct directory for that product. Images now show up in FO but this is not a sustainable technique - I have hundreds more products to input!!

Does anyone know what's causing this problem or even how to revert back to the old system? Wish I hadn't bothered!!

Cheers.

Hi! I found out what the issue was. You need to regenerate the images and then you need to regenerate the httc access file (I believe that's the right name). I found this all in another similar posting. I'll see if I can find the correct link for you.

Hi everybody,

Yes, it is very important to regenerate your htaccess file any time you make changes like this to make sure everything will continue to refer to the right file location.

I hope this helps. I am marking this as solved, but please let us know if you continue to have any issues with this.

Thanks,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

Yes, it is very important to regenerate your htaccess file any time you make changes like this to make sure everything will continue to refer to the right file location.

I hope this helps. I am marking this as solved, but please let us know if you continue to have any issues with this.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi everybody,

We have actually the version 1.4.3 of prestashop, regenerate htaccess correctly and images are ok. But the problem is when we share them i.e. on facebook or published on our shopmania store, they aren't showed. Not all the pictures, ONLY the new uploaded.

We didn't do MOVE IMAGES and Activate legacy images compatibility is set to YES.

We checked the url's and there's a difference:

OLD are: www.samplestore.com/295-471-thickbox/example.jpg

NEW are: www.samplestore.com/471-thickbox/example.jpg

The product id is missing.

In our case, how can we solve the problem? in Prestashop all goes fine, but the problem is when we share the pictures on social network..

Please let me know if you have any idea.

Thank You in advance!

Adding more info:

all "old" images are stored in the folder named "p"

new images are stored in p/5/... <- various numbers or in p/6/... <- various numbers

I think that this is the primary problem. After checking and old installation of our store, there were not the subfolders 5 and 6, all the images were stored in the main folder p.

I hope that someone can help us! ;-)

Hi,

In PrestaShop version 1.4.4 you have two options:

- you can activate the legacy filesystem. In this case all existing and newly created images will be placed at the root of the /img/p/ folder.

- you can use the new filesystem instead. In this case images will be placed in subdirectories of /img/p/. If you don't move your existing images to the new filesystem, you can have the two systems working side by side with the old images at the root of /img/p/ and the new images in subdirectories. You only need to use the new filesystem if you have a very big image count.

If you regenerated the .htacess and still have issues with images you can send me your BO and FTP access at [email protected] and I'll look into it.

Regards,

Thomas

• 4 weeks later...

ok, I know I need to regenerate. htaccess file but when I recreate the thumbnails I get this error:"Request Timeout This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If ItShould not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to INCREASE'Connection Timeout'.

I've never had this problem, I upgraded from 1.4.1 to 1.4.4.1 Prestashop. Does anyone knowhow to fix this problem?

Hi,

Thomas, I'm having the same problem.

I have friendlyurl on, regenerated a new htcaccess.. I've "moved" and used the new image system, switched back to legamacy and uploaded the old img.

but still I have no images... is it okay if I send you my BO and FTP so you can take a look into it ?

pwease :)

I updated from 1.3 to 1.4.4.1 this morning.

I've:

- regenerated the .htaccess

- checked for images in /img/p

- switched to new image system and regenerated a .htaccess

- switched back, deleted the /img and uploaded from the backup

- turned on legacy image system and regenerated a new htacces again

but I still have no images for my products!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I'm in the same boat. I upgraded to the new file system and found many thumbnails were duplicates or 'question marks'. So I want to go back to the legacy file system for images. However, I don't have a backup copy of the /img folder before the upgrade. How can I go back to the legacy filesystem for images. I currently have all the images related to products in my directory (not the img folder).

Thanks.