[Solved] Search broken?

I tried removing and reinstalling the search module, but same.
Thanks to Ajax Search, at least some items are found, as long as the customer does NOT click on the search button.
This looks so unprofessional so I'm considering removing the search module all together...
I fail to understand how such a flaw could have passed the QA, so I think that there must be something with my installation, but WHAT?

/Mats

replaced with what? i have the same problem, ps 1.4.3 FO search doesn't find anything... but also Ajax doesn't work...and problem indexing many products with searchcron. Please someone help. Thanks
p.s.: search in BACK OFFICE works normally... how is it possible and what's the problem?

• 4 months later...

Hello there.

I've just got the same problem right now.

I had as a default on my shop multiple languages / translations set up. However, once I removed them from the site so that I would only have 1 language on the shop, my site decided to crash on me.

shop.more-control.com

I'd noticed that once you conduct a search; none of the products / manufacturers show up.

On a closer look I found out that in the search url it is for some reason not including ".php" to the search file.

Invalid search

search?orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=omron

Working search

search.php?orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=omron

I take it that all I will need to do is to re-upload to the backend the search.php file and with a bit of luck it should be working fine again.

I'm currently using Prestashop 1.4.0.17

• 1 year later...

Hello there.

I've just got the same problem right now.

I had as a default on my shop multiple languages / translations set up. However, once I removed them from the site so that I would only have 1 language on the shop, my site decided to crash on me.

shop.more-control.com

I'd noticed that once you conduct a search; none of the products / manufacturers show up.

On a closer look I found out that in the search url it is for some reason not including ".php" to the search file.

Invalid search

search?orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=omron

Working search

search.php?orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=omron

I take it that all I will need to do is to re-upload to the backend the search.php file and with a bit of luck it should be working fine again.

I'm currently using Prestashop 1.4.0.17

Hi,

Did you have any luck solving your problem, i am using 1.5.3 and having the same issue with dual language and no search. I tried updating the search.php but no luck.

Any help would be great

Patrick

• 6 months later...

I solve this, after some hours with a dirty hack.

Go to the Module: blocksearch (in /module, or if you overwritten it to yourTheme/module

Open blocksearch.tpl and change the Form-Tag action Param : {$link->getPageLink('search.php', true)}

with hardcoded 'search.php.

Now it works for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I solve this, after some hours with a dirty hack.

Go to the Module: blocksearch (in /module, or if you overwritten it to yourTheme/module

Open blocksearch.tpl and change the Form-Tag action Param : {$link->getPageLink('search.php', true)}

with hardcoded 'search.php.

Now it works for me.

Hi Rethus,

Im not clear how to change. You said "Open blocksearch.tpl and change the Form-Tag action Param : {$link->getPageLink('search.php', true)}

with hardcoded 'search.php." but what hardcoded need to change?

Please describe more detail

Thanks,

Khang

by default action param looks like:

<form method="get" action="{$link->getPageLink('search', true)}" id="searchbox">

so i suppose that he mean that you have to change it to:

<form method="get" action="{$link->getPageLink('search.php', true)}" id="searchbox">

by default action param looks like:

<form method="get" action="{$link->getPageLink('search', true)}" id="searchbox">

so i suppose that he mean that you have to change it to:

<form method="get" action="{$link->getPageLink('search.php', true)}" id="searchbox">

Thank you for your answer. However, i opened the blocksearch.tpl and search this text bbut this text is already true as your suggest  and the search still not push out no match result .

is it relate to server supplier error?