[Solved] Post upgrade 1.3.5 > 1.4.3 images not showing (yes me too)

Hi.

Like many others I am having a problem with images not displaying after upgrading from 1.3.5 > 1.4.3

Everything else seems to be ok so far apart from the images. I would estimate 90% are not showing.

From the BO I can see that the file paths for the images are wrong. For example, if image name is 1234.jpg the generated URL will be:

myshop.com/shop/img/p/1/2/3/4/1234.jpg

These directories do not exist, so I assume it is something with the pretty urls rewrite in the .htaccess

What I have done so far:

Re generated the .htaccess (several times) > no change
regenerated the thumbs > no change
moved the images to the new new image management > no change
played with performance settings > no change
re-uploaded the img file > no change
changed smarty 2 > 3 > no change
and a bit of other fiddling with settings but no change.

Any suggestions or news of a fix on the horizon would be welcome?

If you need any further details please ask.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Server information
Prestashop Version: 1.4.3
Server information: Linux #1 SMP Mon Mar 28 13:11:47 EEST 2011 i686
Server software Version: Apache
PHP Version: 5.2.16
MySQL Version: 5.0.92-community
Store information
URL of your website: http://www.activedistributionshop.org/shop/
Theme name used: prestashop

Check your configuration
Required parameters: OK
Optional parameters: OK

Ok. I have new information. I don't understand it but maybe one of you does?

It seems that the img/p/x/xxx.jpg directories do exist but they are *hidden* and i cant see why or how to make them visible. However, as far as I can see the file structure and contents *do not* conform to the img/p/1/0/0/100.jpg file paths

Any ideas?

*EDIT*

Ok I can see them now, and yes they do exist, but the question is why can't Prestashop see them? And why are they hidden anyway?

Hello, I have pretty much the same problem, just that mine was a clean install of 1.4.3 on a local server and it was working fine in the beginning. Then all of a sudden the '?' images appeared and nothing is really showing up now. I'm guessing its a common problem?

I see what you are saying about the hidden images, I am also wondering why prestashop is not seeing the images. Any admins or prestashop pros have any ideas?

Problem solved.

Embarrassing as it is, I have to hold up my hand and say it was my fault. Not through any stupid schoolboy error, but I trusted one of my back ups too implicitly, which, it transpired, was a bad move.

I did check the back up, but the problem went back through several layers previous back ups, and since several others seemed to be having the same problem (and because of previous huge problems with upgrades) I thought the problem lay with the update.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem solved. <br/><br/>Embarrassing as it is, I have to hold up my hand and say it was my fault. Not through any stupid schoolboy error, but I trusted one of my back ups too implicitly, which, it transpired, was a bad move.<br/><br/>I did check the back up, but the problem went back through several layers previous back ups, and since several others seemed to be having the same problem (and because of previous huge problems with upgrades) I thought the problem lay with the update.

Hi there, when you say the problem was with your backup, what do you mean please? How did you check it? Thanks

x3n0m0rph -> Can you try turning off your friendly url to see if it works...

You may also try to check your img folder to see if the hidden file .htaccess is there...if so delete it and test again....no worry about this delete as it can be regenerated later.