Install issues—error states...

I have downloaded the latest version of Prestashop and uploaded to my server. When I go to www.mydomain.com/prestashop/ where I would expect to get the "install instruction" screen as before I now get this:

Fatal error: Class 'ControllerFactory' not found in /home/sladest1/public_html/prestashop/index.php on line 29

I have deleted and retried several times and it comes up with this every time.

When I go to the index.php file, line 29 reads: ControllerFactory::getController('IndexController')->run();

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Slade

The first time I did this (yesterday) the instructions say to just go to ...prestashop/ which I did and it automatically jumps to the ...prestashop/install/ which it now doesn't.

However, I did go to the /install/ and only part of the page loaded. The questions but no header or "next" button. I can do another install but this will be the 4th time and it happens like this every time. I have completely deleted all prestashop folders from the server trying to begin from scratch with no luck.

It worked fine yesterday. I had to dump it because I installed a template using the template installer and things really got messy. The new template was showing up over the top of the original and going into the PS themes folder it wasn't there to delete...? Anyway...back to this. Has there been an update with PS since yesterday?

Thanks again for your help! it is very much appreciated

Slade

hi bellini13,
This isn't an upgrade. I just uploaded Prestashop for the first time yesterday so I could test it out. I deleted it completely as well as deleted my db. I downloaded Prestashop brand new again and this is where the issues came. Even though I got rid of anything on my server that was Prestashop related including the folder and db it won't install correctly.

I have tried it many times with no luck. I probably should have just went the upgrade route but after a template messed the site up and it was so new I figured I would just dump it and start fresh.

How do I go about downloading an earlier version of Prestashop? I think there is an issue/bug with the install of 1.4.3

I have followed the instructions to a "T" and it just won't work.

I have attached a screenshot of that i get when I go to the /install/

where is the "next" button? This is the screen that always comes up.

48224_eLvmlIbgR2Q4pqnbaMup_t

How do I go about downloading an earlier version of Prestashop? I think there is an issue/bug with the install of 1.4.3

I have followed the instructions to a "T" and it just won't work.

I have attached a screenshot of that i get when I go to the /install/

where is the "next" button? This is the screen that always comes up.

click the checkbox to agree.

Firefox 4.0.1

ya, I sort of figured it was something on my end. Not sure what could have happened between the first time I installed the other day which went great to now. I followed the instructions of uninstalling it from my server but do you know if it places other files outside the root folder (/prestashop/ folder) that could be giving me issues with this?

I am also wondering if it was that theme I installed. I used the Theme Installer so it was automatic. I seemed to work fine but no matter what theme I selected that one always had bits and pieces on top. When I went to delete the "bad" theme it never showed up in the Themes folder....but it was still on my system. This was why I had to delete all of prestashop and start over. I am beginning to think it may be the culprit. All of this happened after that themes install.

to uninstall you simply delete the prestashop folder and the underlying database that was created.

When I went to delete the “bad” theme it never showed up in the Themes folder….but it was still on my system

Please explain what this means. What is the difference between your themes folder and your system?

Are you running prestashop on a remote host or on your localhost?

Have you confirmed the theme is compatible with the version of prestashop you are installing?

Meaning the Themes folder inside the Prestashop folder. According to the instructions it should have been in there. When I went to delete the folder it wasn't in the /prestashop/themes/ folder. I installed another theme manually which worked fine and deleted it per the instructions.

What I meant by "still on my system" was it wasn't in the /prestashop/themes/ folder but it still showed up in the Back Office as a selectable theme and it still had bits of it such as the header show up ontop of the default theme when it was selected.

The theme was made for the most recent version of ps and I got it from reading a thread on this forum. I don't want to say the name in case it was something other than the themes fault.

Anyway....going back 1 version did the trick! I am up and running again.

You have been extremely helpful! Thank you so much!

Slade