[Solved] Error to install PrestaShop version 0.9: Allowed to open external URLs

i've found the solution for the problem with hosting like dreamhost (i use it), with the option of "open external URLs", that is off, or disallowed.

you have that rename the archive checkconfig.php in the folders install/xml/ for disallowed it, for example, you can call it: checkingyourmind, or other stupid name.

and after, you have to upload a new checkconfig.php, (that i put in attach files, download it to your pc) in the same directory install/xml/checkconfig.php

and run the install in you browser, now it's ok.

The solution was found in this blog, is in spanish, but is good to know it:

http://jorgelig.la100rra.com.mx/tag/prestashop/

if you have any problem, ask to the author of the blog, not to me, i'm only the mailer ^^.

checkConfig.php

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi, i download that fix and solved problem with red - Allowed to open external URLs - BUT - comes a new problem - red /modules - i write permisions on/modules to 777 but nothing, write 755 but nothing. HEEEEELP MEEEE:( How can a /modules go GREEN:)

ps. for PrestaTeam:

If enabled, allow_url_fopen allows PHP's file functions to retrieve data from remote locations such as an FTP server or web site, and could lead to code injection vulnerabilities. Typically these code injection vulnerabilities occur from improper input filtering when passing user-provided data to PHP functions. Disabling this function will help considerably in stopping your site(s) from being compromised, as well as help thwart the unauthorized use of our servers for abusive or malicious purposes.

Read full article: http://kb.mediatemple.net/questions/793/Why+is+allow_url_fopen+disabled+on+the+(gs)+Grid-Service?

• 5 months later...
Hi, i download that fix and solved problem with red - Allowed to open external URLs - BUT - comes a new problem - red /modules - i write permisions on/modules to 777 but nothing, write 755 but nothing. HEEEEELP MEEEE:( How can a /modules go GREEN:)

I am trying PS for the first time, and have also run into this problem - has there been a resolution posted on the /modules issue?

• 3 months later...