[Solved] How to change shipping cost when you order multiple items

when you order two or more items the shipping cost should be more expensive, no?

How come Prestashop doesn't let you add up mailing cost to multiple items in the cart?

Anybody knows how to fix this?

thanks!

Hi rudee,

Each product have a weight or a price and shipping is calculated on total price/weight (as you have chosen it in your back-office).

Simply create your weight/price ranges and shipping cost will evolve when you got multiple items in the cart.

Best regards,

• 3 years later...

Hi guys,

I have tried to figure out how to set additional cost for second item in the shopping cart but I couldn’t find any way in back office!!
Well, here is my case:
For example,
I have set shipping module for USPS for per item 1 LBS = 5.50 based on USPS price rates. But if some one purchase 2 items in the same time then shipping cost will be 11 $.
The thing is I don’t want that my customers pay 5.5 $ for second item and I would like to set only 1 $ per additional item in shopping cart.
I think the prestashop can not support a feature like that!!!
we have such feature to set our own additional cost for shipping in Amazon store for per additional item..

I will appreciate it if some one help me and answer my question to set desire amounts for additional item in shopping cart.

Thank you

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone,

If a customers buys 2 items that individually are below my couriers weight and volume restrictions but together are over the volume restrictions I will have to send 2 parcels and I need to charge an additional fee for this. How do I reflect this in the shipping settings?

There is an "Additional shipping cost (per quantity):" but this setting adds it to all items 1st, 2nd 3rd etc but Im looking for a setting that will add a shipping cost to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, item only does such a setting exist.

The only other way I can get around this is to base the courier charges on the price.

Any help on this would be great

Marty

• 2 years later...