New installtion error

Hi,

I am doing a brand new installation with new database and getting the following error.

An error occurred during installation...

You can use the links on the left column to go back to the previous steps, or restart the installation process by clicking here.

1: "An exception occurred while executing 'INSERT INTO `ps_link_block_shop` (`id_link_block`, `id_shop`, `position`) VALUES\n (1, 1, 0),\n (2, 1, 1);':\n\nSQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '1-1' for key 'PRIMARY'"

Thanks

PS installation error.jpg

Edited by Classie
edited Topic name from New installtion to New installtion error (see edit history)

• Classie changed the title to New installtion error

Hi, I have deleted the database and user and used a new database name and user name and still getting an error:
Could it be permission on folders or PHP module ?

Tried it again and got the same error now

1: "An exception occurred while executing 'INSERT INTO `ps_link_block_shop` (`id_link_block`, `id_shop`, `position`) VALUES\n (1, 1, 0),\n (2, 1, 1);':\n\nSQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '1-1' for key 'PRIMARY'"

Edited by Classie
added to description (see edit history)

This problem has been mentioned before in this forum. 

Your problem is that the module ps_edition_basic requires PHP 8.1 and you are running a lower PHP version. You can see that when you enable debug mode and then click the retry link.

There are three possible solutions:

- switch to PHP 8.1

- Use the Github version of Prestashop that comes without ps_edition_basic and some other modules (https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/releases/tag/8.1.1) 

- delete the ps_edition_basic directory under the /modules directory and then click the retry link

• Thanks 1

When I unchecked Ps edition basic and continued with installation, I got an error post-installation script.

Attached are screenshots for reference.

Any idea what is going wrong?

The below link says PHP 7.2 and later versions will be ok with PS version 8

https://docs.prestashop-project.org/v.8-documentation/getting-started/what-you-need-to-get-started

rtrtrtrtrtrt.png

sgfgdfgfdgfdg.png

Edited by Zohaib-fk
New information content added (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, Zohaib-fk said:

When I unchecked Ps edition basic and continued with installation, I got an error post-installation script.

Attached are screenshots for reference.

Any idea what is going wrong?

The below link says PHP 7.2 and later versions will be ok with PS version 8

https://docs.prestashop-project.org/v.8-documentation/getting-started/what-you-need-to-get-started

rtrtrtrtrtrt.png

sgfgdfgfdgfdg.png

That is a different way of removing the module than I did.

What happens when you enable debug mode before you click the link for restarting the installation process? At this stage all the files are there.

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Zohaib-fk said:

When I enable debug mode and restart the installation process, it stops at 0%.

Attached screenshot for your reference.

opercant.png

That one was mentioned before too: a Windows installation where the OPENSSL_CONF environment variable hasn't been set correctly.

Okay, I will check for that setting in Windows WAMP, I tried on web hosting, installation stopped at many points so I restarted it

It is getting stop at the install theme and install module, attached a screenshot and link of my PHP environment.

https://www.hrms-systems.com/info.php

When the install theme step is completed successfully, the install module stops.

psbbb.png

ppmmm.png

I discussed OPENSSL_CONF here. This is not WAMP settings. It is something you need to do by yourself as for some reason WAMP fails to do it.

56% (ps_link_block_shop) and 67% (ps_edition_basic) errors seem to alternate. After I removed ps_edition_basic both disappeared.

ps_edition_basic makes it clear that it needs PHP 8.1 when you have debug mode enabled. I am not how the ps_link_block_shop error would work out in debug mode. Maybe you can report that.

Thanks for your support and answers

I have an automatic website installation feature from web hosting, automatic installation is able to install the PS 8.1.0 version but manual installation of PS basic gives errors.

Below is the link to the same web hosting with the same PHP version for your reference please check.

I feel maybe they installed some other version of 8.1.0 and not the PS basic which I downloaded from the PS website.

Back Office URL: https://www.hrms-systems.com/pstest/admindemo/index.php

Username: [email protected]
Password: Demodemo123

46 minutes ago, Zohaib-fk said:

Thanks for your support and answers

I have an automatic website installation feature from web hosting, automatic installation is able to install the PS 8.1.0 version but manual installation of PS basic gives errors.

Below is the link to the same web hosting with the same PHP version for your reference please check.

I feel maybe they installed some other version of 8.1.0 and not the PS basic which I downloaded from the PS website.

Back Office URL: https://www.hrms-systems.com/pstest/admindemo/index.php

Username: [email protected]
Password: Demodemo123

It is a bit unusual to put password on the forum. Better to use PM for that.

This is 8.1.0. When you download from Prestashop you get version 8.1.1.

It is obvious that this is customized. There are also a lot of non-Prestashop modules.

I use the instance for the demo purpose to show the compatibility of my module on version 8. x.x therefore I share the password and it is a public sharing demo instance.

I am able to install PS version 8.1.1 using an auto installer from my web hosting, attached a screenshot for your reference.

How to know if the version installed 8.1.1 from auto-installer is the PS basic edition?

psauto.png

• 1 month later...

Hi ia m doing a prestahop 8.1  installation getting the same error can anyone assist  and help me  

You can use the links on the left column to go back to the previous steps, or restart the installation process by clicking here.

1: "An exception occurred while executing 'INSERT INTO `ps_link_block_shop` (`id_link_block`, `id_shop`, `position`) VALUES\n (1, 1, 0),\n (2, 1, 1);':\n\nSQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 106or key 'PRIMARY'"

Screenshot_8.jpg

Edited by coolu (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

This is caused by the module ps_linklist. You can delete that module and then restart the installation process by clicking "clicking here" in the message you showed.

5 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

This is caused by the module ps_linklist. You can delete that module and then restart the installation process by clicking "clicking here" in the message you showed.

okay i disbled it but still getting error  check screenshot 

linklist.jpg

• 1 month later...

Installation error indicates a duplicate entry ('1-1') violation in the ps_link_block_shop. Check and remove any existing entries with this value, consider restarting the installation, and ensure a clean database before reinstalling

15 hours ago, dannyfor said:

Installation error indicates a duplicate entry ('1-1') violation in the ps_link_block_shop. Check and remove any existing entries with this value, consider restarting the installation, and ensure a clean database before reinstalling

Please read the rest of a thread before you add your issue. The solution was already mentioned on 1 October.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen such a difficult buggy unfriendly installation experience for anything 'supposedly popular' in 20 years. It's been a long time since I had to go cac and delete the installation folder because if you don't the installation won't work. SO OK I want to uninstall and this is even worse??? Jeez can someone 'an expert this century' help???

totally unimpressed

On 11/24/2023 at 1:49 PM, coolu said:

Hi ia m doing a prestahop 8.1  installation getting the same error can anyone assist  and help me  

1: "An exception occurred while executing 'INSERT INTO `ps_link_block_shop` (`id_link_block`, `id_shop`, `position`) VALUES\n (1, 1, 0),\n (2, 1, 1);':\n\nSQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 106or key 'PRIMARY'"

Screenshot_8.jpg

Just CLEAN completely your phpmyadmin. Drop all the tables manually, and reinstall. It should work. When prestashop does it, few file could be in cache and we might have problems. It worked for me

15 hours ago, OzJockey said:

I haven't seen such a difficult buggy unfriendly installation experience for anything 'supposedly popular' in 20 years. It's been a long time since I had to go cac and delete the installation folder because if you don't the installation won't work. SO OK I want to uninstall and this is even worse??? Jeez can someone 'an expert this century' help???

totally unimpressed

Hello, how can i help you?...what do you need?....no problem to support you

Sorry for wanting to cut in here. I placed the Prestashop files on my unmanaged VPS server. But it is not possible to get Prestashop installation started. What have I overlooked? Should I be able to achieve this via a different approach on my VPS?

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-01-18 om 10.56.53.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2024 at 11:01 AM, Generaal said:

Sorry for wanting to cut in here. I placed the Prestashop files on my unmanaged VPS server. But it is not possible to get Prestashop installation started. What have I overlooked? Should I be able to achieve this via a different approach on my VPS?

As long as you don't explain what you tried nobody will  be able to help you.