Bug during installation

Hi all,

I am new in the forum, hope to have choose the correct section to post (in case, i am sorry 😕!

As i said, i am new here, and is the second day that i am trying to install prestashop on my local PC.

I have correctly set-up xampp (or apache2 on linux test), to handle all required libs (like zip, php_intl ...) and i have correctly started the installation ... the bug that i think to have found is during the final step of the installation... it always fail. I have test it on 2 PC, 1 remote desktop (windows) and 1 linux vm...

When i start the installation it usually stop during the installation theme, and report the following error:

1: HTTP 500 - error - {"success":false,"message":{"mbeshipping":["Cannot install module \"mbeshipping\""],"ps_edition_basic":["Cannot install module \"ps_edition_basic\""]}}

If i re-try (restart the installation by clicking the GUI red button), it say it has some error during an insert query, because value already exist. (probably it doesn't truncate the table during the second launch of the installation)

and if i re-try it for a third time, it simply say "500 internal error"...

I have tried it on windows 10, windows server 2022 and CentOS 7, all the time same result... someone have experienced the same issues? In case how did you solve it ? 

Thanks to all for the support :) 

Hello everyone,

I also have many problems installing Prestashop 8.1.1 on Wampp (on windows 11)

The first is that I must be in PHP 7, because PHP8 causes a 505 error from the start at 0%.

Then I had an error problem when installing the basic edition. Unable to resolve the issue.

The only solution I found is to download an old version of Prestashop, I took version 8.0.3 and I have no module problems with this one (+ installation in private mode of navigation).

There must be a problem in the basic edition module of the latest versions

Edited by jujutou (see edit history)

25 minutes ago, jujutou said:

Hello everyone,

I also have many problems installing Prestashop 8.1.1 on Wampp (on windows 11)

The first is that I must be in PHP 7, because PHP8 causes a 505 error from the start at 0%.

Then I had an error problem when installing the basic edition. Unable to resolve the issue.

The only solution I found is to download an old version of Prestashop, I took version 8.0.3 and I have no module problems with this one (+ installation in private mode of navigation).

There must be a problem in the basic edition module of the latest versions

I don't think the error related at PHP8.1 is a problem with php itself. 

Really suggest guys, to check out the required libs and use apache2 (version >= 2.4) along with PHP8.1. 

Is also suggested the installation on linux machine :)

Edited by Hastro (see edit history)

There are a few problems here:

- on Windows you often have the problem that the OPENSSL_CONF Windows environment setting is not correct. With previous Prestashop versions that was no problem but now it is. OPENSSL_CONF points to an openssl.cnf file. Xampp is supposed to set that but it doesn't. Older Prestashop versions didn't check for that. If you have a standard Xampp installation its value should be C:\xampp\apache\bin\openssl.cnf. After that you need to restart.

- there is another problem that the module ps_edition_basic requires PHP 8.1. This module comes only with the commercial version of Prestashop. When you download from Github (https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/releases/tag/8.1.1) this module is not included. As Github is used for upgrades this problem doesn't play with upgrades. An alternative is to delete this module under the /modules directory. After the first run of the installation and before you click to retry the files are present and you can access them.

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)
  • Like 1